LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

ProBowl

Shop 49ers game tickets

ProBowl

The way the players play in the ProBowl is now a joke. They really need to be more creative on how they want ProBowl weekend to be. We all understand nobody wants injuries. Personally, I would rather see a flag football game between the two sides.
Other: Make it a skills weekend only. Game is useless.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Skills competition truly is only that is semi worth it. Make Saturday a position competition (combine style) vets versus rooks. Only inviting the players willing to compete Ala NBA all star weekend.

Then Sunday do the skills competition like they have now.

Whatever they do as you said, the game shouldn't be played again. If they do play, instead of 2 hand touch Make it actual flag football
Originally posted by krizay:

Skills competition truly is only that is semi worth it. Make Saturday a position competition (combine style) vets versus rooks. Only inviting the players willing to compete Ala NBA all star weekend.

Whatever they do as you said, the game shouldn't be played again. If they do play, instead of 2 hand touch Make it actual flag football

40 race
3-cone
high jump
broad jump

Just do a combine for NFL players
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by krizay:

40 race
3-cone
high jump
broad jump

Just do a combine for NFL players

FG distance and/or FG HORSE
  • krizay
  • Veteran
FG distance and/or FG HORSE

I like that. Could do it throwing as well
i get why

how pissed would you be if kittle or Deebo or someone got injured in a pro bowl game

they can do skills challenge or whatever but i wouldn't want them to play a full on game ever
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ritz126:
i get why

how pissed would you be if kittle or Deebo or someone got injured in a pro bowl game

they can do skills challenge or whatever but i wouldn't want them to play a full on game ever

I get it too but it just isn't entertaining. At least NBA you get dunks, alley Oops one on ones. Etc.

Half ass football is beyond boring
Have the players wife's/girlfriends play in a flag football game. Juice would always be voted into the pro bowl
Originally posted by ritz126:
i get why

I think it was Hines Ward getting hurt bad one year is when everyone stopped hitting.

• Deebo
  • Veteran
https://dailysnark.com/2022/02/07/report-alvin-kamara-three-men-stomped-on-victim-23-times-punched-him-while-unconscious/

love all you simps willing to gargle a pro
Originally posted by Deebo:
https://dailysnark.com/2022/02/07/report-alvin-kamara-three-men-stomped-on-victim-23-times-punched-him-while-unconscious/

love all you simps willing to gargle a pro

Wtf does that have to do with the pro bowl being a trash product?
Robert Edwards of the Patriots about 20 years ago blew out his knee in the rookie flag football game during Pro Bowl Weekend. I don't get why players risk any of the events or game.

I have not watched a second of the Pro Bowl in over 10 years. It was never that great. It got worse when they moved it before the Super Bowl; which removed the Super Bowl players. Most veterans avoid the game. Not playing in Hawaii is a bad move.
I didn't watch a single snap this year. In fact I haven't watched it in several years. I think this year had about 21 players bow out for whatever reason so there were mostly alternates out there.

Players are too beat up when the season ends to play a meaningless game like the Pro Bowl. Just let them get their bonuses for getting elected to it and do away with the game.

The MLB and NBA games are played mid season when the players re still in decent shape. Neither of them is as good as they used to be because of guys electing not to play and some rule changes but they're at least halfway interesting.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I didn't watch a single snap this year. In fact I haven't watched it in several years. I think this year had about 21 players bow out for whatever reason so there were mostly alternates out there.

Players are too beat up when the season ends to play a meaningless game like the Pro Bowl. Just let them get their bonuses for getting elected to it and do away with the game.

The MLB and NBA games are played mid season when the players re still in decent shape. Neither of them is as good as they used to be because of guys electing not to play and some rule changes but they're at least halfway interesting.

Ya, it's been a while since I actually watched one as well. They need to get rid of it and just stick with the skill games, but even those are cheesy as f**k now.
Share 49ersWebzone