LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Ben Roethlisberger

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by 49inchesdeep:
Soooo can we talk about how he was almost a 9er?

Should Mike Singletary be in the discussion as one of the worst head coaches of all time? All he had going for him were motivation speeches

Him fixing Vernon Davis is his claim to fame.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HAT OFF to Ben !!

Class Act !!! Well deserve !!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
HAT OFF to Ben !!

Class act? He was accused of rape multiple times.
Great QB, s**tty human being
Originally posted by JustinMT:
HAT OFF to Ben !!

Cmon man, you been around long enough to recognize Moon is a troll. Don't fall for it.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 27, 2022 at 8:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by 49inchesdeep:
Soooo can we talk about how he was almost a 9er?

Should Mike Singletary be in the discussion as one of the worst head coaches of all time? All he had going for him were motivation speeches

I thought he was already a part of that discussion, but this revelation takes the cake. To be fair, I would rather have a franchise QB that isn't involved in sketchy situations, so I understand Singletary's thinking. If the 49ers had acquired Big Ben, we still would have eventually fired Singletary and hired Jim Harbaugh. Jim's tenure would have looked different and lasted longer.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JustinMT:
HAT OFF to Ben !!

Yah f**k this guy!!! GTFO!!!!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
He is not a "jerkoff" for putting himself in situations to be accused. I could accuse you right now Yavin of anything. This does not make you a jerk off. It's kinda like the Schrodinger cat. He is either guilty or not guilty. Simple being accused doesn't make you kinda guilty. Until he is demonstrated in a court of law as guilty and the verdict is sensible I will presume he is innocent.

Of course that wouldn't make me a jerk-off, it would make you a jerk-off. Ben and his accuser(s) weren't exchanging words on an Internet chat forum from long distances.

I'm not saying dude did anything wrong, but just giving the appearance of having done anything wrong is a bad look. As such, yes, Ben is a jerk-off. As much of a jerk-off as Watson. For putting themselves in bad positions to be accused of anything, or to give the appearance of having done anything wrong, whether they actually did anything wrong or not.

As a 49ers' fan I don't want the franchise quarterback of my team (or anyone on my team for that matter) placing themselves in bad positions which make me not want to support them. Like it or not when you lie down with dogs you'll wake up with fleas.

You must not support J.Rice then....or Kap or even Montana for that matter.

These guys are professional athletes not role models.
[ Edited by jcs on Jan 28, 2022 at 2:10 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:

Regarding your first sentence: What kind of mental gymnastics did you have to do to come to that conclusion.

Regarding the second: Correct. We're not in dispute there. At what point did I say I expected them to be role models?
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Regarding your first sentence: What kind of mental gymnastics did you have to do to come to that conclusion.

Regarding the second: Correct. We're not in dispute there. At what point did I say I expected them to be role models?

Rice was caught in a massage parlor known for prostitution, Kap was accused of rape and Montana...It was the 80's

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1985-11-14-sp-2416-story.html

He is not a "jerkoff" for putting himself in situations to be accused. I could accuse you right now Yavin of anything. This does not make you a jerk off. It's kinda like the Schrodinger cat. He is either guilty or not guilty. Simple being accused doesn't make you kinda guilty. Until he is demonstrated in a court of law as guilty and the verdict is sensible I will presume he is innocent.

Of course that wouldn't make me a jerk-off, it would make you a jerk-off. Ben and his accuser(s) weren't exchanging words on an Internet chat forum from long distances.

I'm not saying dude did anything wrong, but just giving the appearance of having done anything wrong is a bad look. As such, yes, Ben is a jerk-off. As much of a jerk-off as Watson. For putting themselves in bad positions to be accused of anything, or to give the appearance of having done anything wrong, whether they actually did anything wrong or not.

As a 49ers' fan I don't want the franchise quarterback of my team (or anyone on my team for that matter) placing themselves in bad positions which make me not want to support them. Like it or not when you lie down with dogs you'll wake up with fleas.

dude i think youre forgetting this was going to be Big Ben in Jimmy Rayes offense with singeltary as coach

how well do you think that wouldve worked out?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ritz126:

dude i think youre forgetting this was going to be Big Ben in Jimmy Rayes offense with singeltary as coach

how well do you think that wouldve worked out?

I think Singletary was going to get fired with or without Ben. Perhaps even sooner with Ben as having a real franchise QB would have exposed him as a fraud sooner.

• dj43
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

It has been well-reported by many that he really turned his life around in the past 10 years. That certainly does not wipe out the hurt in the past but it does show a changed man.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

It has been well-reported by many that he really turned his life around in the past 10 years. That certainly does not wipe out the hurt in the past but it does show a changed man.

I don't buy it . But that's just my 2 cents
Share 49ersWebzone