LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

Justin Herbert Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
The Chargers are under achieving just like some other teams. The Niners haven't played up to their expectations even before they had so many injuries. Herbert is still playing with the cracked rib cartilage so I would think that's hurting him. He's also missing Keenan Allen who's one of the best receivers in the league and his go to guy. Their defense isn't playing well either but they lost Joey Bosa who was their leader just like Nick is ours. It all adds up to a disappointing season but they're still 4-2 even though they've allowed more points than they've scored.
This coach has to be on the hottest seat in the NFL, right?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Ive said for years Anthony Lynn wasn't the problem, even with his shortcomings. When he's fired,I'd bring him in. Because I can't see Wilks as DC past 2024. Once he gets in a groove with these guys, someone will come calling.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Ive said for years Anthony Lynn wasn't the problem, even with his shortcomings. When he's fired,I'd bring him in. Because I can't see Wilks as DC past 2024. Once he gets in a groove with these guys, someone will come calling.

Saleh might be coming home by then too.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Saleh might be coming home by then too.

Cant blame Saleh for that. Its clear QB is holding the team back. I get fans/teams aren't reasonable when it comes to these things, but get him a QB. And figure out what went wrong it the scouting process with Wilson.

Just make moore the hc, staley blows

Should have been fired already. Spanos is a god awful owner.
Herbert definitely has talent and potential and is a good QB, but for some reason I just don't see a Leadership Vibe from him. Especially these close games that they keep losing... probably just me though lol..
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Herbert definitely has talent and potential and is a good QB, but for some reason I just don't see a Leadership Vibe from him. Especially these close games that they keep losing... probably just me though lol..

No , it's a general consensus that he has the physical talent to be the best . But isn't there mentally

Should have been fired a year ago. This is the same franchise that canned Marty Schottenheimer after going 14-2.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Should have been fired a year ago. This is the same franchise that canned Marty Schottenheimer after going 14-2.

Yup... A Raider team spent like 3 months on an interim HC and got past LAC (2021). Then the Jags playoff loss, up by 27 (2022). That's two years in a row of meltdown. And it's the D effing up all the time, which is supposed to be his area.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

No , it's a general consensus that he has the physical talent to be the best . But isn't there mentally

Just like Allen.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Not just canned him. But did it for Norv freaking Turner. I know Norv did have some success in the playoffs with them, but it was baffling move at the time.
I don't know. I'm having some doubts here.

2 - 4 record.

How many big games do you see this guy win? Not too many that I can remember. What's he good at? Being 6'6"? I'm not saying he doesn't have some physical talent. Because he does and I have hyped him before in the past. But the record is continually underwhelming. He usually gets it handed to him by Mahomes and the Chiefs. At least a lot anyway. Big games are mostly underwhelming or often losses. You have to win too. Not just be 6'6", big and with a big arm. Where are thew wins?
So unbelievably mid
Share 49ersWebzone