LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Hall of Famer Roger Brown passes away at 84

Shop 49ers game tickets
One of the all-time greats. At 6'5' 300 lbs. he would dominate in todays' game. With the Lions he teamed with Alex Karas to form one of the great defensive tackle tandems in NFL history. Traded to the Rams he played alongside Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen and Lamar Lundy and formed the Fearsome Foursome. In the infamous Thanksgiving Day Massacre in 1962 the Lions demolished the undefeated Packers. Brown had 7 sacks and a safety. RIP
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
One of the all-time greats. At 6'5' 300 lbs. he would dominate in todays' game. With the Lions he teamed with Alex Karas to form one of the great defensive tackle tandems in NFL history. Traded to the Rams he played alongside Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen and Lamar Lundy and formed the Fearsome Foursome. In the infamous Thanksgiving Day Massacre in 1962 the Lions demolished the undefeated Packers. Brown had 7 sacks and a safety. RIP

Wow didnt know that. Looks like another bryant young con job. Not in hof 6x pro bowl and 2x all pro. What does it take. Rip.

NOTE: It looks like he was inducted into college hall of fame and lions hall of fame. I couldnt find a reference to pro football hof.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Sep 18, 2021 at 5:47 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Wow didnt know that. Looks like another bryant young con job. Not in hof 6x pro bowl and 2x all pro. What does it take. Rip.

NOTE: It looks like he was inducted into college hall of fame and lions hall of fame. I couldnt find a reference to pro football hof.

You're right, when I wrote the thread I took it for granted he was in the HOF and didn't bother looking it up, my error. He's in the College and Lions HOF. I saw him play and if any one deserves to be in the Hall it's Roger Brown.
Share 49ersWebzone