There are 200 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Trey's Job to earn, Brocks Job to lose.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Pretty much.
We have the perfect QB room next season, I don't know why people want to just mess that up by trading Trey for peanuts when he is cheap and under contract for 2 more years. You are not getting any value for him right now because he hasn't played. It makes no sense to trade him unless he ask for a trade and they decide to do right by him. Even then I doubt they do it. This is not like the Jeff Wilson JR situation where you are trading a undrafted free agent. They gave up 3 1st RD picks for Trey.
Watch the politics that come into play. If you were the GM would you start your $9 million QB that cost you three 1st round picks or your 7th round QB?

Keep in mind your bosses have to fork over that $.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Watch the politics that come into play. If you were the GM would you start your $9 million QB that cost you three 1st round picks or your 7th round QB?

The Purdy story has gone completely viral in the whole football community. At this point, I think the York family might actually prefer to play Brock. I don't think Jed York will tell Kyle/John who to play though.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 15, 2023 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by libertyforever:

The Purdy story has gone completely viral in the whole football community. At this point, I think the York family might actually prefer to play Brock. I don't think Jed York will tell Kyle/John who to play though.
Jed has said multiple times that it's all on Lynch and Kyle
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Purdy much.

Ftfy
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Jed has said multiple times that it's all on Lynch and Kyle

Perhaps guys on here can get some money together and get a banner flown over the stadium saying trade Lance.

Kyle and John care about one thing. Winning. Whoever can do that the best will play regardless of anything else. They've show. It over and over again.
If Shanahan is rock solid convinced Purdy can be his QB1 for the next decade, I think they'll unload Lance. Not just to recoup draft capital, but to allow Lance to spread his wings on another team. They don't owe it to him, but I don't think ShanaLynch would want to hold him hostage on the bench with limited reps and opportunities, stunting the growth of a #3 overall pick. And (assuming he's QB2) the longer Lance sits, I think the more his stock/value decreases. Just a hunch.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If Shanahan is rock solid convinced Purdy can be his QB1 for the next decade, I think they'll unload Lance. Not just to recoup draft capital, but to allow Lance to spread his wings on another team. They don't owe it to him, but I don't think ShanaLynch would want to hold him hostage on the bench with limited reps and opportunities, stunting the growth of a #3 overall pick. And (assuming he's QB2) the longer Lance sits, I think the more his stock/value decreases. Just a hunch.

"Hold him hostage"
lol
It's a NFL contract. Nothin more, nothing less.
Trey mad so let him out of the contract?

Trey will be a 49er for at least two more years.
QB's get hurt. We need him.
If he's the back up for two more years, he gets paid fairly good money to sit on the bench.
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Jan 15, 2023 at 7:49 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

"Hold him hostage"
lol

If he's the back up for two more years, he gets paid fairly good money to sit on the bench.

We don't need a $9 million dollar injury prone backup who needs snaps to develop. We need a guy who can help Purdy develop and can come in and run the offense for a game or two and won't cost more than a couple of million dollars.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
We don't need a $9 million dollar injury prone backup who needs snaps to develop. We need a guy who can help Purdy develop and can come in and run the offense for a game or two and won't cost more than a couple of million dollars.

No. Just no.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

"Hold him hostage"
lol

Did I forget to mention recouping draft capital? I did not. They'd trade him of course.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Trey is worth more to us than we'd get for him in a trade.

and given our luck with QB injuries it's worth having a backup that we believe can win a Super Bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone