There are 280 users in the forums

Vincent Jackson found dead at 38 years old

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wow RIP
Wow didn't expect this. RIP
Chronic alcoholic
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Chronic alcoholic

Yea, I just saw that report from the sherrif. Its a damn shame drinking lead to this mans death.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Chronic alcoholic

Yea, I just saw that report from the sherrif. Its a damn shame drinking lead to this mans death.

Multiple concussions have also been suggested as a contributor to his death.
Chronic alcoholic

I honestly don't understand this. Dude was 38. How does that work? Wonder if they use that to cover drug use.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Chronic alcoholic

I honestly don't understand this. Dude was 38. How does that work? Wonder if they use that to cover drug use.

Possible CTE as well.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Chronic alcoholic

Possible CTE as well.

Still don't understand what actually killed him. Hard to imagine an elite athlete dying of chronic alcoholism at age 38.
Chronic alcoholic

Possible CTE as well.

Still don't understand what actually killed him. Hard to imagine an elite athlete dying of chronic alcoholism at age 38.

sounds like they deflecting from the real reason.
Damn man .. was one of my favorite WRs. Rip

Chronic alcoholic

Possible CTE as well.

alcohol poisoning?

also,
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Feb 19, 2021 at 10:18 AM ]

I doubt he was cirrhotic, but if you don't have a functioning liver, then you're no longer an elite athlete.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:

I doubt he was cirrhotic, but if you don't have a functioning liver, then you're no longer an elite athlete.

you can die of an overdose at any age. Alcohol is drug.

On top of all this, alcohol is one of the few drugs humans have actually adapted to metabolizing. But this adaptation isn't universally shared. If you're of European decent, you kinda luck out. But if you're not, you may or may not have this ability. If you don't, you can kill yourself way more easily by consuming more alcohol.

Sad all around, but a drug is a drug. If you can't manage your behavior towards that drug, and it's available, you're not in good shape.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Chronic alcoholic

Possible CTE as well.

alcohol poisoning?

also,

We all athletes work out their liver at the gym and that can't happen .
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by dhp318:

you can die of an overdose at any age. Alcohol is drug.

On top of all this, alcohol is one of the few drugs humans have actually adapted to metabolizing. But this adaptation isn't universally shared. If you're of European decent, you kinda luck out. But if you're not, you may or may not have this ability. If you don't, you can kill yourself way more easily by consuming more alcohol.

Sad all around, but a drug is a drug. If you can't manage your behavior towards that drug, and it's available, you're not in good shape.

I got Irish blood running through my veins: bring it on!!!
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 19, 2021 at 4:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone