There are 191 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Just think It was only a couple of weeks ago that people were saying he sucks and wasn't ready. Comments like the defense wasn't intense enough and was too predictable. I think I may have made that last one. Point is we all jump to conclusions and make judgements based on small samples.

We are all prisoners of the moment. It's still a small sample size to me. And as soon as the defense has a bad performance ppl will be back in here calling for him to be fired. Those same guys that have disappeared from this thread will pop right back up.
Given his only playmaker is Dontae Johnson, I'd say he's done a really nice job out of the gate.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Given his only playmaker is Dontae Johnson, I'd say he's done a really nice job out of the gate.

Tartt and Ward have combined for 6 career interceptions. Ward only has 2 and the last one was 2017. diggs on the cowboys has 6 interceptions so far this season. and i bet half of this board will tell you Ward is the better player

THIS
I was worried it would take the defense half a season to mature under Ryans. The AZ game was awesome. I'm sure they'll be some bumps and bruises but this was a good sign.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Tartt and Ward have combined for 6 career interceptions. Ward only has 2 and the last one was 2017. diggs on the cowboys has 6 interceptions so far this season. and i bet half of this board will tell you Ward is the better player

I do not like either of our Safety's. But when you look around the league our S look like all the rest, I think it's the NFL rules that make Saftey's look the way they do (Can't hit anyone anymore, and they also can't touch the receivers downfield). It's like they are just supposed to stand back there.

Remember what Gholdson & Whitner looked like? It was scary to catch the ball in the middle of the field with them back there, you were going to get touched or K.O'ed.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I do not like either of our Safety's. But when you look around the league our S look like all the rest, I think it's the NFL rules that make Saftey's look the way they do (Can't hit anyone anymore, and they also can't touch the receivers downfield). It's like they are just supposed to stand back there.

Remember what Gholdson & Whitner looked like? It was scary to catch the ball in the middle of the field with them back there, you were going to get touched or K.O'ed.

Tartt and Ward aren't bad just so dam average. They don't make any big plays. Ward doesn't even have a PBU so far this year. Really wish we traded for Minkah and dumped Ward
[ Edited by lamontb on Oct 13, 2021 at 8:13 PM ]
Im glad were getting away from deep corner blitzes.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Not sold at all on this d.

Every game we have lapses -- failing to tackle, length-of-field PI calls, can't stone anyone at the second level.

We need another EDGE to complement Bosa. Ford is helpless.

Start mixing in other fronts to stop the run. it's our strength anyway.

Every team in the league has defensive lapses
Agreed, but they wasted money on Ebukam instead of keeping Hyder for edge. Ebukam just has no pass rushing ability.
They rotate constantly. Maybe too dam much. Arizona went hurry up on the 1st drive of the game and scored once we put in some back ups

He was brought in for his Bullrush ability

And he is practically playing a new position.

Give him a minute
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
35 ppg held to 17 at home. pretty impressive, we shoulda won that game.

This

Technically, We could have won every game so far, but Instead, we're sitting at 2-3

That means there's hole moving forward. Bye week at the right time to get dudes healthy, easier schedule rest of the way.

DR is definitely the right guy for the job he really knows what the hell he's doing. The good thing is the defense can do even better and they played their asses off against the Cardinals.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Oct 14, 2021 at 4:35 AM ]
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:

Every game we have lapses -- failing to tackle, length-of-field PI calls, can't stone anyone at the second level.

Agreed, but they wasted money on Ebukam instead of keeping Hyder for edge. Ebukam just has no pass rushing ability.
They rotate constantly. Maybe too dam much. Arizona went hurry up on the 1st drive of the game and scored once we put in some back ups

Give him a minute

Who was brought in for their bullrush ability? you can't be talking about Ebukam.
I've been really hard on Ryans. But I must say that the loss against the Cardinals is on Shanny. Ryans looked pretty good as a DC.
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:

Give him a minute

Who was brought in for their bullrush ability? you can't be talking about Ebukam.

Speed and bull rush ability

Keep in mind the base formation the team uses at least when it comes to the defensive line is basically three defensive tackles and one defensive end

Bosa obviously being the primary defensive end

Also considering Dee Ford's injury history

Like I said give him a minute he still pretty new to playing defensive end exclusively
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I've been really hard on Ryans. But I must say that the loss against the Cardinals is on Shanny. Ryans looked pretty good as a DC.

Demeco out-coached Shanny this game. He kept us in it
Share 49ersWebzone