LISTEN: 49ers Schedule Release Special →

There are 95 users in the forums

Deshaun Watson

Shop 49ers game tickets

Deshaun Watson

• pdc20
  • Veteran
This is just so embarassing. And of course the Browns have the easiest schedule in the league for the first 6 weeks of the season.
Brady took 4 matchs for the Deflagate.
It´s a bad bad look for the League.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He missed all of last year too

He was paid by the Texans to be a f**king creep.
When he comes back the fans will cheer him and no thought will be given to what type of person he is.
I'd rather see Ridley get his suspension reduced than Watson get more games.
Watson getting the same punishment as Myles Garrett for trying to murder Mason Rudolph. Feel like the Browns are getting special treatment to make up for all those Josh Gordon suspensions
  • thl408
24 cases, 6 games. That's an average of 1 quarter per sexual misconduct case. Good to know.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
no new news on this front?

He won't be suspended

I bet he does. I'm willing to bet their are 30 teams in the NFL that want to punish the Browns for giving a player that max contract when said player has 20+ lawsuits pending against him. How do you punish the Browns, by not allowing the sexual predator to play.
Maybe suspended for couple games. It's the NFL, you can beat, assault, etc. and get a couple game suspension. It's the gambling that the NFL doesn't tolerate and give you a season suspension.

need one of the accusers to say he was gambling while the massage occured.

No, we need one of the accusers to say he was kneeling while the national anthem was on during the massage in order to get him sent on a permanent "suspension".
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by miked1978:
no new news on this front?

He won't be suspended

I bet he does. I'm willing to bet their are 30 teams in the NFL that want to punish the Browns for giving a player that max contract when said player has 20+ lawsuits pending against him. How do you punish the Browns, by not allowing the sexual predator to play.
Maybe suspended for couple games. It's the NFL, you can beat, assault, etc. and get a couple game suspension. It's the gambling that the NFL doesn't tolerate and give you a season suspension.

need one of the accusers to say he was gambling while the massage occured.

No, we need one of the accusers to say he was kneeling while the national anthem was on during the massage in order to get him sent on a permanent "suspension".
Originally posted by thl408:
24 cases, 6 games. That's an average of 1 quarter per sexual misconduct case. Good to know.

She admits he violated the misconduct, policy but only recommends 6 games. No way he shouldn't be getting at least 8, probably should get an entire season. RIdly is getting a season for gambling. Hopkins 6 games for PEDS. With the number of accusers, 6 games is just not enough.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
When he comes back the fans will cheer him and no thought will be given to what type of person he is.

Winning cures it all.

I think 6 games is a joke...if the NFL really wants to send a strong message it should've been the season. Yet another case of the NFL purporting to be tough against cases like Watson's, yet when the you-know-what hits the fan, not really. Yikes.
Still blows me away that people are trying to compare this to Ridley.

In NFL terms, what Ridley did was way worse.

In life terms, what Watson was being accused of was waaaaaaaaaay worse.

They shouldn't be compared to one another.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think 6 games is a joke...if the NFL really wants to send a strong message it should've been the season. Yet another case of the NFL purporting to be tough against cases like Watson's, yet when the you-know-what hits the fan, not really. Yikes.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Still blows me away that people are trying to compare this to Ridley.

In NFL terms, what Ridley did was way worse.

In life terms, what Watson was being accused of was waaaaaaaaaay worse.

They shouldn't be compared to one another.

Both are suspensions that the league imposed for making the league look bad. I don't see why the comparison can't be made
Kraft faced no discipline from the NFL following the charges being dropped. Reports are that the NFL is going to push for at least a year suspension for Watson. Given the lack of punishment for Kraft, the NFLPA can point to a double standard between the two cases.
Share 49ersWebzone