LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 355 users in the forums

What is our best QB option for 2021?

Shop 49ers game tickets

What is our best QB option for 2021?

Originally posted by eastie:
Of your 15 QB's , 6 have led their team to the superbowl. The others haven't been able to get there. JG led the Niners there LAST YEAR. You're NOT a QB coach, yet you seem to think you are as capable of evaluating the play at the position as the guys WHO GET PAID to do the job. Hahaha. You also very conveniently ignore everything that JG does so very well. As for your claim that he's 'just average'' I have a thought. Remember that game last year when the team traveled to NO for a game that was critical in deciding home field advantage in the playoffs? Remember that barely friggn' average QB led the team to a hard fought late game winning TD in that hostile environment? An average QB doesn't win that game, bud. I've been going to Niner games since YA Tittle was the starting QB. I've watched a lot of football and played ball in school until I got hurt. JG is a very good QB. 2/3 of the guys you mention haven't done squat compared to the limited run Jimmy has had. He's a winner. period.

Good post. You go back even further than me as not just a Niners fan but a fan of the game of football - and, we both played the game up until a certain point. In watching this team and other teams over the years, we have a good idea of what average and below average QB play looks like. Garoppolo is an above average QB and I'm hoping (thinking) he'll continue to get better. Definitely hoping he's back next year in again leading this team as QB1. As you said, he's a winner - all he does is either help his team get wins (what, 75% of the time) or keep them in position in every game to have a chance at wins.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Dec 28, 2020 at 9:30 AM ]
This is a fan forum. I don't remember any rules that said all posts must be backed by facts. Some of us post stats and others just post opinions. What difference does it make? This is a fan forum, not a court of law. Turn on any sports talk show on radio or TV and you have people expressing their opinions. Nobody's opinion is any better or worse than another.

Posting stats doesn't always prove an argument either since you can post just the ones you like and ignore the others. Stats can also be misleading like the W-L record of a certain player. It implies he's the reason for the record when in fact he's part of a team that won or lost those games. There are many stats that are merely a number until you analyze them and see what's really behind them. Passing yards alone doesn't tell you the whole story without looking at how much was YAC and how far the ball was thrown. Was it under pressure or a clean pocket. These are just a few examples.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Dec 28, 2020 at 9:36 AM ]
Haskins is a FA bring him in.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Haskins is a FA bring him in.

Hell no, dude is more concerned about the lifestyle being in the NFL can do for him. He's not interested in the game or his team mates and he showed that recently, we don't need that clown in this locker room
LOL
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This is a fan forum. I don't remember any rules that said all posts must be backed by facts. Some of us post stats and others just post opinions. What difference does it make? This is a fan forum, not a court of law. Turn on any sports talk show on radio or TV and you have people expressing their opinions. Nobody's opinion is any better or worse than another.

Posting stats doesn't always prove an argument either since you can post just the ones you like and ignore the others. Stats can also be misleading like the W-L record of a certain player. It implies he's the reason for the record when in fact he's part of a team that won or lost those games. There are many stats that are merely a number until you analyze them and see what's really behind them. Passing yards alone doesn't tell you the whole story without looking at how much was YAC and how far the ball was thrown. Was it under pressure or a clean pocket. These are just a few examples.

Gee, thanks. I would have never guessed any of that. The whole community thanks you for mansplaining for us all.
Haskins can be the third stringer after getting the boot today.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Golden dropping truth bombs

Yup
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Opinions are what we all have. Facts are what we all wish our opinions were. Don't mix up the two.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
What should we do at QB? Specific proposals are appreciated!
They hired Shanahan to develop a great offense, and so far he has failed. Shanahan thinks he can win with a limited guy like Kirk Cousins or CJ Beathard, but that is arrogant and unwise. They need a great QB. Most superbowl winners have great QB's eg. Brady, Manning, Mahomes, Wilson, Rogers, Brees. Which of these QB's can be great?

LOL he failed hahahah. I guess going to the super bowl means you failed?

Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
What should we do at QB? Specific proposals are appreciated!
They hired Shanahan to develop a great offense, and so far he has failed. Shanahan thinks he can win with a limited guy like Kirk Cousins or CJ Beathard, but that is arrogant and unwise. They need a great QB. Most superbowl winners have great QB's eg. Brady, Manning, Mahomes, Wilson, Rogers, Brees. Which of these QB's can be great?

LOL he failed hahahah. I guess going to the super bowl means you failed?

He means he failed at developing a quarterback, but you knew that.
It'll take any new QB who's not familiar with Kyle's offense a whole season to become familiar with it. I'd draft a QB early and have him sit behind Jimmy in 2021.
Gee, thanks. I would have never guessed any of that. The whole community thanks you for mansplaining for us all.

Unfortunately, too many of you spend way too much time calling each other names and telling them 'Gee that's just your opinion .Where are the facts. As if they aren't allowed to express their opinion. So obviously a lot of posters don't get it. Go back and look at some of the threads and you see a lot of space devoted to one guy calling out another. Some of these arguments go on for several pages. Bottom line, nobody changes anyone's mind.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Dec 28, 2020 at 1:55 PM ]
Opinions are what we all have. Facts are what we all wish our opinions were. Don't mix up the two.

I don't but it seems like a lot of people do. Whenever someone says I don't like ( fill in the blank) someone comes back with where are your facts or stats. It's like it isn't enough to just have an opinion. You can dislike a player for a variety of reasons no matter what his stats are.

And that's just my opinion.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Dec 28, 2020 at 1:56 PM ]
I don't believe Jimmy can win us a SB. Opinion, fact, who cares - I just don't believe.

No idea if the answer is out there this off season so if he's back I really hope I'm wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone