There are 227 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Originally posted by Heroism:

That safety played that about as bad as you possibly can. Worst case that should be a 30 yard completion if he just plays the WR. If he played the ball that's a pick or an incompletion. He decided to not play anything.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
That safety played that about as bad as you possibly can. Worst case that should be a 30 yard completion if he just plays the WR. If he played the ball that's a pick or an incompletion. He decided to not play anything.

We can do this with every down ever played in the history of the NFL....
  • dj43
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by dj43:
His are is good enough to be ranked #14 among all QBs, and that ranking is rising.

I would argue that he has a "Joe Montana" grade arm. Montana beat defenses consistently by being able to read defenses and beat the blitz. Jones is already doing that well with less than 1/2 a season.

I'm not ready to vote him into the Pro Bowl, however, it is silly to ignore how well he is playing even when compared to other QBs, including several with clearly superior weapons around him.

#14 what? Lol

Overall scored ranking. PFF.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The only people still going out of their way to bash Mac are insecure 49ers fans worried that Kyle may have botched the pick and Cam Newton fans.

If you're confident that Lance is the right guy then you don't need to make a dozen posts each week calling Mac trash like some jilted lover.
!
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

We can do this with every down ever played in the history of the NFL....

If every down there was a guy playing that badly, the NFL would be a s**tshow.
  • dj43
As of now, Jones+ plus the picks would be my choice.

see above.
Let's pump the breaks on the "Mac should've been taken 3!!" talk 5 games into a season.

Only Lawrence, and possibly, maybe, Wilson, would be worth all the draft capital we gave up for Lance. Jones may prove to be that valuable, however, that has never been my argument.

As I look at the cap needs in the next two years, the inability to replace guys like Tartt, Moseley and McGlinchey with quality 1st round rookies could close the window rather tightly.

The same pff that tells me mcglinchey is good? Ok
see above.

Only Lawrence, and possibly, maybe, Wilson, would be worth all the draft capital we gave up for Lance. Jones may prove to be that valuable, however, that has never been my argument.

As I look at the cap needs in the next two years, the inability to replace guys like Tartt, Moseley and McGlinchey with quality 1st round rookies could close the window rather tightly.

Oh I agree, I would have preferred not to trade to 3 and just get Stafford or Rodgers. But once we traded to 3 it is what it is.

What I didn't want is to just roll with slippin' Jimmy and have no plans for the future.

As for our 1sts, this team is trash at drafting 1st round picks so whatever
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Oh I agree, I would have preferred not to trade to 3 and just get Stafford or Rodgers. But once we traded to 3 it is what it is.

What I didn't want is to just roll with slippin' Jimmy and have no plans for the future.

Yea trading up was never a smart move IMO. Even if we stayed at 13 and decided to trade up to 10-11 for Fields would have been better. Trading up what 1 2 3 months in advance

Even if you make that argument, if you had gone to Green Bay and offered them three 1sts for Rodgers, they would definitely have had to at least seriously consider it.

Lance not working out would be a disaster so I hope we don't see that come to pass and I really hope that they can stop b******tting and at least build a decent OL around him. If you go all in for a QB like this, the bare minimum that you should do next is provide him with solid protection.

• dj43

The same pff that tells me mcglinchey is good? Ok

The same source that says McGlinchey is the #31 overall tackle in the league.

Maybe if it was 31st rated RT I'd say accurate
  • dj43
see above.

...except for that #97 guy.
  • dj43

Maybe if it was 31st rated RT I'd say accurate

I get it you are not excited about him, however, they rate him the same way they rate all other OTs. So, it does give you some perspective.

As I watched games these past two weeks, there are some really BAD OTs out there. As a group, I would argue that OL is the weakest in the league. Of course, all of that is based on the fact that only fat boys with limited agility and foot skills wind up as OL. The really gifted ones play DL and make a lot more money.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Could've stayed put and had our franchise qb and future first rounders
His success this far really makes some posters in this thread look like absolute clowns
[ Edited by BamaNiner on Oct 18, 2021 at 5:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone