LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 192 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I was trying to watch This kids tape and see what's wrong with his game. Confirmation bias that webzine posters are over reacting . This kid is the real deal.

Not sure if his game vs Western Kentucky been talked about but this was a tough match up. Solid D. Hard hitters, and receivers were covered all game. I saw somewhere that they are ranked 30th, didn't look into the metrics.

And this kid constantly made tight window throws. Sometimes defenders knocked it out and sometimes his guys dropped the ball . Anyone can hit open receivers . Having enough trust in your game to make those tight throws is what separates the boys from men.

Look at this s**t at 6:40. I said it once and a few games later I still mean it, he hardly makes bad throws. They do happen like any qb. But not Much considering the types of throws he attempts

CBS has Western Kentucky ranked 108th.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Zach is going to be the 3rd QB taken - no way are we going to be in range to draft him.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 24, 2020 at 11:36 PM ]
Originally posted by pdfortune:

NCAA has them ranked 29. I'll for sure roll with them
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Nov 24, 2020 at 11:37 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
They ducked WU and probably duck Cinci

If they want to move up in the rankings they will need to stop being afraid

Yup you got um
Got who.. BYU needs to walk the walk, not talk the talk

Again they wanted to wait to see where they were in the rankings... It's not the hard to understand.

If they had a legitimate shot at a top bowl game they would have played a MUCH better team then UW and made millions (which they don't have to split with the conference since they're independent).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 25, 2020 at 3:40 AM ]
They had a solid pre COVID schedule. Too bad I'd like to see how Wilson would do against some pretty good teams. Problem is they are an independent so they had to scramble to get opponents. I wouldn't say it is their fault, but I knew the schedule was going to get little respect by the Playoff Committee. I don't know the full story, but the PAC 12 has been a pain all season to schedule with. Until Wilson plays well against a good team I'm a little skeptical.

That's fair and I hope a lot of teams ahead of us feel the same way lol.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Lol BYU would wet themselves before playing Alabama. Also Wilson probably wouldn't play in that game fearing bodily harm.

Does posting stuff like this make you feel good inside? Wilson pretty much cemented himself as a top 10 pick with the film he put out this season, he could easily opt out the rest of the season right now like many others did. Bodily harm can happen against any team.

I feel nothing from it just a post. Sometimes it's funny like the one in question, sometimes it's very serious like the one about Trent Williams and COVID, and sometimes it's just about telling truth even though many don't want to acknowledge it because the truth hurts.

Now it appeared that you felt some type of way because I spoke against everybody's new boy crush Zack Wilson. I guess everybody has fell out of love with old man Jimmy and now young Zackary has the ❤️ of many. On the truth side Wilson should be the 2nd or at worse 3rd QB taken in the draft. I would take him over Fields right now. I just hope whoever the 49ers draft in the 1st or 2nd round can be groomed to become our next franchise QB.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
They ducked WU and probably duck Cinci

If they want to move up in the rankings they will need to stop being afraid

Yup you got um
Got who.. BYU needs to walk the walk, not talk the talk

Again they wanted to wait to see where they were in the rankings... It's not the hard to understand.

If they had a legitimate shot at a top bowl game they would have played a MUCH better team then UW and made millions (which they don't have to split with the conference since they're independent).
Do you not understand the meaning Any Team, Any Time, Any Place ?

It means there are no excuses like the ones BYU is giving.. not sure why you are defending this lol

This is BYU being held back from playing anyone Any time Any place

It means there are no excuses like the ones BYU is giving.. not sure why you are defending this lol

I'm defending it because you simply lack context to what is actually happening...why are you all hot and bothered about a headband anyway lol? Like college players actually have control over anything
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 25, 2020 at 8:57 AM ]
I know a head coach who loves this concept

I don't think the Rams are gonna replace Goff or be in position to get Wilson

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I don't think the Rams are gonna replace Goff or be in position to get Wilson

Lol Rams are stuck with Goff for the long haul...shanny licking his chops
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 25, 2020 at 8:58 AM ]

I'm defending it because you simply lack context to what is actually happening...why are you all hot and bothered about a headband anyway lol? Like college players actually has control over anything
I lack context ?

Please tell me all the context to what does Any Team, Any Time, Any Place means (just this motto.. no other excuses about BYU..just this motto) That the coaches and players are saying.

WHY AM I GETTING MY HOPES UP SO MUCH?

This kid is one of the best QB prospects I've seen since Mahomes, honestly.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I was trying to watch This kids tape and see what's wrong with his game. Confirmation bias that webzine posters are over reacting . This kid is the real deal.

Not sure if his game vs Western Kentucky been talked about but this was a tough match up. Solid D. Hard hitters, and receivers were covered all game. I saw somewhere that they are ranked 30th, didn't look into the metrics.

And this kid constantly made tight window throws. Sometimes defenders knocked it out and sometimes his guys dropped the ball . Anyone can hit open receivers . Having enough trust in your game to make those tight throws is what separates the boys from men.

Look at this s**t at 6:40. I said it once and a few games later I still mean it, he hardly makes bad throws. They do happen like any qb. But not Much considering the types of throws he attempts

The throw at 7:40 is another example of something I'm sure Shanny loves to see from his QB. Quick release off the PA read.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 25, 2020 at 9:26 AM ]
I lack context ?

Please tell me all the context to what does Any Team, Any Time, Any Place means (just this motto.. no other excuses about BYU..just this motto) That the coaches and players are saying.

If you don't understand what was at stake finically for BYU prior to knowing where they currently stood on Tuesday in the CFP I don't know what to tell ya...I've told you multiple times but you either don't understand or refuse to say hey maybe I was wrong or didn't do any research.

Washington was never gonna play BYU (unless they signed a contract first with BYU) it was always gonna be vs Utah and in the PAC12.

IF BYU had a legit chance at a top bowl, they would play a BETTER team and make around $4M (which they don't have to split with any conference).

They will absolutely look for teams to play against the next 2 weeks that are worth playing to get one last play at a top bowl and possibly a playoffs apprentice.

Complaining about a players wearing a headband, without acknowledging anything else is without question not applying context.
Share 49ersWebzone