LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

R.I.P. Gale Sayers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not the Kansas Comet
Back with his old teammate and friend Brian Piccolo
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29951448/chicago-bears-hall-fame-running-back-gale-sayers-dies-age-77
[ Edited by BMoore56 on Sep 23, 2020 at 7:31 AM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Dude was a baller, RIP
The Kansas Comet, anyone that saw him play in his prime realized he was one of a kind. The legendary game against the 49ers where he scored 6 touchdowns by pass, run, punt and kick-off is unmatched in NFL history. In 1965 the Bears drafted Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers both Hall of Famers.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
My grandfather would always tell stories about how he was the greatest RB he's ever seen
I thought he's been dead for years. Damn he lived a long life. If his career wasn't cut short, then he could have been THE goat.
Damn RIP
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i never got to see him as i never came to watching football till 71 and by then he was done. sorry gale it was one of our own who gave him his first bad knee injury.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I thought he's been dead for years. Damn he lived a long life. If his career wasn't cut short, then he could have been THE goat.

RIP
Making the HOF, Ranked #22 all time, and kids knowing his name 50 years later all within a 5 year career shows how amazing he was. Had the greatest awareness as a running back ever he was always mentally 2-3 steps ahead of everyone.

"Give me 18 inches of daylight that's all I need"

"If you're not careful.. you'll just stand there and watch him" - Deacon Jones
[ Edited by Since07 on Sep 24, 2020 at 4:56 AM ]
  • napo
  • Veteran
You can watch the 1965 49er Bear game on youtube where Sayers scored 6 tds

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by napo:

then years later vs the niners kermit alexander tore up his knee. crazy the bears had two elite cornerstones on offense and defense but never did jack
R.I.P.
  • titan
  • Veteran
RIP GS_LEGEND
  • napo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by napo:

then years later vs the niners kermit alexander tore up his knee. crazy the bears had two elite cornerstones on offense and defense but never did jack

True, after a 1963 championship, the Bears were lousy during the 60s. But Sayers was the most exciting rb in the NFL from 65 to 68 . I'm sure Alexander was not happy about injuring a great player and person.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i never got to see him as i never came to watching football till 71 and by then he was done. sorry gale it was one of our own who gave him his first bad knee injury.

Damn knee injuries.
Share 49ersWebzone