LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Football players AFTER football ??

Shop 49ers game tickets
The wiki for one of my absolute favourite 49ers since retiring:

At one time, Taylor owned a trucking company but still drives a truck and leads a quiet life off the field. His only moments in any sort of spotlight come when he's participating in celebrity golf events, such as ones sponsored by his Alma mater, Delaware State. In 2005, he was inducted into the Delaware Sports Museum and Hall of Fame. He also worked in San Jose juvenile detention, as a staff member in unit B-4.
Can't they just go back to school for free and get a degree?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Seems like these are all very good attributes that are often given to ex special forces soldiers.

They have the good qualities, but will they be able to maintain that same level of drive for a non athletic career?

Most players have their college degree which eliminates a common hindrance to many employed people out there, but will often retire without any experience in the field they wish to partake. After 30 years old, it becomes harder to change careers for most people, so that might be a big road block for ex-players.

Fame I'm sure buys them opportunities they might not have had otherwise. I believe Ronnie Lott had/has a career in marketing that was very much removed from sports.

I wonder what Staley is looking to get into.

Poor Patrick Willis was taken advantage of.......hopefully he gets back on track.

I Thought he would go into the Booth. Or Do NFL Network.

Steve Young looks like a Lawyer ... wait he is a Lawyer

Some of them go back home and Coach Youth teams. Very interesting topic
Share 49ersWebzone