There are 128 users in the forums

Do you support NFL change in policy to support protesting during the national anthem

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you support NFL change in policy to support protesting during the national anthem

The Saints vs. Raiders MNF game with 15.44 million viewers was the biggest MNF audience since the Nov. 2019 Seahawks vs. 49ers game (15.9 7 million viewers, source). The NFL seems to be doing more than fine.
91% of non support? That says a lot. IMO politics should not be in sports or the work place. There's so many other ways to bring awareness and create public support that would bring people together instead of creating division.
Originally posted by ChicoCorrales:
91% of non support? That says a lot. IMO politics should not be in sports or the work place. There's so many other ways to bring awareness and create public support that would bring people together instead of creating division.

I think it says an lot about the wording of the choices. For example, one can support the change, but not having the change would not affect one's watching. If that were the case, voting for the "support" option would be dishonest, and so it would not be accurate. Simply put, the wording of this poll is faulty.

Instead, the only option that says "no change" in viewing habits is the neutral one. I personally support the change in policy, but if the change did not occur, there would be no change to my viewing habits, because the 49ers are about 1000 times more important to me than politics (save for illegal actions contrary to the Constitution and the vision of the Founding Fathers, but that is for an other time).

This would mean choosing the third option would be inaccurate.

Thus, what am I to choose? Support, but lie and say I'd watch less football without it? Or neutral, and that mein viewing habits have not changed? Given that the 49ers are more important, I'm forced to choose neutral, as it is the best option.

The poll is simply flawed. The next question is, was it deliberately loaded, or was it an simple oversight?
[ Edited by Gabberwocky on Sep 25, 2020 at 4:13 AM ]
Do they even broadcast the anthem before the games anymore? I don't think I have seen it before the games since week 1.

I haven't really been going out of my way to look for it though, maybe I am just missing it.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I wrote the poll. There was no nefarious plot. The point of the poll is to see if the policy changes would have any impact on your viewing habits. If you support the changes, but it would have no impact on your viewing habits if your preferred choice was not implemented, then the correct answer is neutral. If I tried to answer 2 questions in one poll (do you support, will you watch) then the poll gets really confusing.
Originally posted by ChicoCorrales:

You mean to tell me if you were racist and you saw your favorite athlete kneel for the anthem or whatever the pregame protest is, you wouldn't change your mind and stop being a racist jerk?

I'm shocked!!!

I totally agree with you.
Share 49ersWebzone