LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 412 users in the forums

Jordan Reed, TE - retiring

Shop 49ers game tickets
You guys think he returns? He played very well when healthy.
I'd bring him back on the cheap.
Rather see what Dwelly & Woerner can produce. Plus more on-target throws to Juice.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heed49er:
Rather see what Dwelly & Woerner can produce. Plus more on-target throws to Juice.

Agree. Younger and while less athletic, maybe they can develop to be good or great players. Reed is 30 and has past injury issues. I think 49ers are moving away from the talented but injury prone player to the less than talented, but more durable player (Hyder vs Ebukam for example).
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
You guys think he returns? He played very well when healthy.

Hopefully. Dude was our best offensive player a few games.
Don't worry fellas. Pitts will fall to 12
I agree if Pitts is there Niners should take him. He can be the slot WR/TE in our system. He would be a matchup nightmare, especially in the red zone.
Originally posted by lamontb:

No he won't lol

even if he does, it would be dumb to draft another TE, when have bigger needs like QB, CB and ER.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

even if he does, it would be dumb to draft another TE, when have bigger needs like QB, CB and ER.

A TE @12...no thx. 🤣

Originally posted by NC49er:
A TE @12...no thx. 🤣

Yep.

Qb/Tackle/DE or no dice.

Pitts would make the offense damn near indefensible. Its likely he goes Top 8 but if he's at 12, that is an easy call to make. A guy with TE size to go with WR ability would be a nightmare to defend, especially with Shanahan as the playcaller.

Kittle+Pitts with Deebo and Aiyuk at WR? That's the "f**k your defense up" package. On any given play you could be running the football with two TEs blocking or be passing it to essentially three WRs. Pick your poison pretty much.

If for some reason he's available at #12 he is BPA by far.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Pitts would make the offense damn near indefensible. Its likely he goes Top 8 but if he's at 12, that is an easy call to make. A guy with TE size to go with WR ability would be a nightmare to defend, especially with Shanahan as the playcaller.

Kittle+Pitts with Deebo and Aiyuk at WR? That's the "f**k your defense up" package. On any given play you could be running the football with two TEs blocking or be passing it to essentially three WRs. Pick your poison pretty much.

If for some reason he's available at #12 he is BPA by far.

He maybe BPA at #12, but he'll never get past the Eagles at #6.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 24, 2021 at 7:53 PM ]
I doubt Pitts will be there at 12. He is being talked about going in the top 5 now. But I do like Tremble who the Niners could get in the later rounds perhaps.
Can Pitts play right tackle?
Share 49ersWebzone