LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 227 users in the forums

The Washington Commanders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
If they would have just changed their logo to a potato, they could have kept their team name an all this would have been avoided.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Here's a list of the eight names that were shown in Monday's video (The team was still considering roughly 30 names back in April, so the fact that these eight made the cut would indicate that one or more of them might be one of the three finalists):

Armada
Brigade
Commanders
Defenders
Presidents
RedHogs
RedWolves
Washington Football Team

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/washington-football-team-narrows-list-of-possible-new-names-down-to-three-final-candidates/

I don't see a single one I would like, should just go Hogs

Just stick with WFT. Its unique and a throwback kind of name.

Please oh please make the logo the Washington Monument - for the penis jokes.
Originally posted by thl408:
Here's a list of the eight names that were shown in Monday's video (The team was still considering roughly 30 names back in April, so the fact that these eight made the cut would indicate that one or more of them might be one of the three finalists):

Armada
Brigade
Commanders
Defenders
Presidents
RedHogs
RedWolves
Washington Football Team

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/washington-football-team-narrows-list-of-possible-new-names-down-to-three-final-candidates/

The Washington Georges?
  • thl408

Armada
Brigade
Commanders
Defenders
Presidents
RedHogs
RedWolves
Washington Football Team

The Washington Georges?

From that article you posted:
This could end up being the logo if Washington changes its name to the Presidents.

Packers fans are Cheeseheads. WAS fans would be dick heads.

Armada
Brigade
Commanders
Defenders
Presidents
RedHogs
RedWolves
Washington Football Team

The Washington Georges?

From that article you posted:
This could end up being the logo if Washington changes its name to the Presidents.

Packers fans are Cheeseheads. WAS fans would be dick heads.
penetration..no doubt
I'd go with Red Hogs.
I like Washington Football Team actually. I think they should keep the name. In a weird way it's way more original than any of the other proposed names that I see listed
Just stay the WFT. Those other names are pretty bad.
"49ers" is racist, numerically triggering and celebrates the exploitation of the environment…NEEDS TO BE CHANGED! 👨🏼‍🎤✊🏿🏳️‍🌈
Hogs would be the best one for them, IMO. But expecting it to be Presidents.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
"49ers" is racist, numerically triggering and celebrates the exploitation of the environment…NEEDS TO BE CHANGED! 👨🏼‍🎤✊🏿🏳️‍🌈

Originally posted by Overkill:
Just stay the WFT. Those other names are pretty bad.

God no. As bad as the other names are, "football team" is worse than a high school mascot being the "wildcats".

They should just go with "hogs" to honor their fans, don't know why they have to call it "red hogs" or whatever. Armada, Brigade, Commanders or Defenders would be fine, but I was hoping for some alliteration, even something generic like Washington Warriors.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Belongs in the r/therightcantmeme page
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Belongs in the r/therightcantmeme page

Lol
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
If they would have just changed their logo to a potato, they could have kept their team name an all this would have been avoided.

Share 49ersWebzone