LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Booger McFarland out on Monday Night Football

Shop 49ers game tickets
Darn, I was always waiting for some kind of "crane malfunction" causing him to fall on his a$$
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Darn, I was always waiting for some kind of "crane malfunction" causing him to fall on his a$$

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
If only we could get rid of Joe Buck, too.

THIS!!!!

Collinsworth can eat a dick

As much as I hate Joe Buck. He's not nearly as bad as booger is.

I don't understand the Joe Buck hate. imo Troy and Joe are the best crew by far. Al Micheals used to be the best play by play but he's kind of getting slow. Collinsworth has always been a little annoying but at least he was a professional.
Mike Tirico's the best pbp now. Just waiting for his time. I'm looking forward to Brees and Tirico on Sunday night for the next 20 years.
Nantz and Romo are good, but that guessing the play stuff gets kinda old.
But HATE BOOGER and Charles Davis. They wreck the game imo.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Agreed. Less is more. Not only with words but also the onscreen graphics. I wish we could eliminate all the graphics. That obviously won't happen, but I'll take the minimal graphics that existed in the 90s along with the yellow 1st down line.

I would love more info in "graphics"

A playclock that is ALWAYS there
Personnel (offense and defense)
Tally of plays and yards or where the drive started.
It's funny how times have changed...MNF was king for a long, long time. Now, though, it's Sunday NIght Football that reigns. No big-time analysts or play-by-play guys seem to want the MNF gig any more. Who can blame them. SNF is a must-watch for me...MNF not so much. I'm glad McFarland and Tessitore are out...have to wonder, though, who'll replace them. It's just not the glamour job any more.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's funny how times have changed...MNF was king for a long, long time. Now, though, it's Sunday NIght Football that reigns. No big-time analysts or play-by-play guys seem to want the MNF gig any more. Who can blame them. SNF is a must-watch for me...MNF not so much. I'm glad McFarland and Tessitore are out...have to wonder, though, who'll replace them. It's just not the glamour job any more.

MNF finally started putting on better games as well, but this announcing crew hurt them.
Man I will miss him. He was the best part of MNF. I need a good chuckle once in a while.
It was even worse when Jason Witten was part of the crew
why did ESPN let Mike walk away??
If they could poach Kevin Harlan away from CBS they'd have something. For analyst maybe see if Kurt Warner would be interested?

Any internal hire is going to be terrible IMO.

Replacing him with Stuttering John.

Can you imagine? The only thing worse, would be to bring back Dennis Miller. Remember that debacle?
What if they hire Beth Mowins
The Problem with a younger Chris Collingsworth, he was LEGIT anti-49er.

I remember one time the 49ers had a big gain...like 19/20 yards on first down....they where up by like 20 points and Collingsworth said something like, "this is an advantage of the Run and Gun offense, the 49ers are not challenging the safeties with shallow patterns"

It was so obvious he wanted to use that line all week, and could not find s place for it with the 49ers never punting the ball...and then blurt it out right before the chunked the other team for major yardage again.

Older more mellow Chris is not nearly as bad a young Chris. Chris is at least a decent announcer, given the scale of how bad some of them are.

As far as Booger...i never liked the guy, never liked his name and always have been bias against his name. That is likely a me thing.....but needless to say my brain hones in on every stupid thing he says.

I find him to be very obvious, and unlike John Madden...he does not have the natural charisma to pull it off.
Originally posted by KID9R:

THIS!!!!

I don't understand the Joe Buck hate. imo Troy and Joe are the best crew by far. Al Micheals used to be the best play by play but he's kind of getting slow. Collinsworth has always been a little annoying but at least he was a professional.
Mike Tirico's the best pbp now. Just waiting for his time. I'm looking forward to Brees and Tirico on Sunday night for the next 20 years.

It is the difference between being s**t at the job and s**tting on teams you dont like. Guys like Buck and Collinsworth are actually good broadcasters who cant manage to be professional when certain teams play. The fact they are rooting against your team is really really evident, and can even make a game unwatchable. Booger and Charles Davis are simply really bad at their jobs, they are drizzling s**ts, doesnt matter who is playing they say the dumbest most nonsensical crap, like they want to be Madden but dont know a damn thing about the game. I am not sure what you are seeing with Romo though, he is the best new voice to football in decades. It isnt just guessing the play, he provides actual analysis of what is going through a players head, what looks they are seeing, real insight.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by KID9R:

THIS!!!!

It is the difference between being s**t at the job and s**tting on teams you dont like. Guys like Buck and Collinsworth are actually good broadcasters who cant manage to be professional when certain teams play. The fact they are rooting against your team is really really evident, and can even make a game unwatchable. Booger and Charles Davis are simply really bad at their jobs, they are drizzling s**ts, doesnt matter who is playing they say the dumbest most nonsensical crap, like they want to be Madden but dont know a damn thing about the game. I am not sure what you are seeing with Romo though, he is the best new voice to football in decades. It isnt just guessing the play, he provides actual analysis of what is going through a players head, what looks they are seeing, real insight.
Yeah you're right. Quite a few of them show biases towards their favorite team especially the Cowboys which is ironic because Romo somehow does a better job of keeping himself neutral. They should put new faces in MNF to do the PBP.
Share 49ersWebzone