Complete 2024 San Francisco 49ers Schedule Revealed →

There are 132 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by JavonKinlaw:

do i look fat?

That was just someone not knowing the difference of what he looks like with and without Pads on.

With or without pads - the guy is huge.

" IS THAT MY BEAR ? "

.... Brad Pitt in Legends of The Fall !!!

Originally posted by 9moon:

do i look fat?

That was just someone not knowing the difference of what he looks like with and without Pads on.

" IS THAT MY BEAR ? "

.... Brad Pitt in Legends of The Fall !!!

No question he's a big dude but when Bosa says he's the biggest man he's ever seen I have to assume he's never seen Shaq. That's a big, big man.

do i look fat?

He's a man mountain
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Washburn's take has me jacked. cant wait to see this beast wreak havoc in the middle .
Originally posted by boast:
Washburn's take has me jacked. cant wait to see this beast wreak havoc in the middle .

Yup. Also have good insight as to why these guys should be even better/more comfortable year 2, especially as it pertains to the run. Interesting point on Buckner vs Kinlaw as well. Hopefully that comes to fruition
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Yup. Also have good insight as to why these guys should be even better/more comfortable year 2, especially as it pertains to the run. Interesting point on Buckner vs Kinlaw as well. Hopefully that comes to fruition

yeah. it'll be interesting to see AA's growth in this scheme.
The way I see it, my biggest question is "who in the NFL is going to move this man!!!??? And, as I have said before, what you're going to see is deeper and quicker penetration at the point of attack. Opposing RB's and QB's will have to think about what to do (stick with plan A or go to plan B). In either case, a win for the defense is imminent. The way this defense is being set up is to get to the quarterback and pick up the run on the go (Gary "BigHands" Johnson). And with the defensive line rotation, opposing QB's will be dragging by the middle of the third quarter not to mention the opposing offensive line men either demoralized, defeated, or both = win
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kris sent me a couple of plays of (Kinlaw) hitting the pop-up dummies, you know?" Washburn continued. "And it's not just how hard he hit 'em, it's how flat his back is and how low (he gets) and how he can bend."

He said he thought Kinlaw and nose tackle D.J. Jones could become the 49ers' version of Suh and Nick Fairley, the tandem that manned the inside of Detroit's defense in 2014. When anyone says the Wide 9 is weak against the run, Washburn notes that the Lions allowed a league-low 69.3 rushing yards a game that year and that only one running back, Green Bay's Eddie Lacy, finished with more than 100 yards.

"The commentators say, 'Oh, it's just a pass-rush defense,'" Washburn said in an interview last year. "Well, excuse me. We knocked the crud out of the run in Detroit. They couldn't run the ball against us and we knocked down the quarterback more than anyone in the league."

Washburn had other thoughts about how the 49ers performed last season and how their personnel looks this year. Among them:

• He said Buckner and Armstead had been in "reading and reacting prison" in previous seasons with the 49ers. The Wide 9 system sprung them loose and allowed them to capitalize on their athletic gifts.

Of Armstead, he said: "He was a guy that they wanted to get rid of last year. They couldn't wait to get him out of there. Kris begged them to keep him. And how'd that work out? He was made to attack and he had just been sitting there. It's like you'd put a plow on a racehorse. You know, the racehorse doesn't pull a plow."

Exciting stuff to hear
I now get why the 49ers traded away Buckner. Buck is too skinny to be effective as a 3T for us, where Kinlaw is HUGE, won't get pushed around easily. I still miss Buck, he got a well deserved deal though, a true Superstar. Hoping Kinlaw will become one as well.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Geidi needs to read this about the run defense.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Buckner WHO ??
If we can be a top 10 defense against the run wih the pass-rush we already have

We´re talking about an all-time great D here.

Same. I hate to sound disrespectful, but I think he'll be a big upgrade over Buckner.
im so hyped on kinlaw, i hope he doesn't bust
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
im so hyped on kinlaw, i hope he doesn't bust

I hope he's not the next TED WASHINGTON for us !!
Share 49ersWebzone