There are 264 users in the forums

Tony Romo signs contract with CBS for $17 million Per Year.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, all that money for working 3 hours a week.

$1,416,666 every month.

$653,846 every 2 weeks. 26 pay periods.

3 hours on Sunday during football season to work......

thats the entertainment industry for you , crazy world we live in
Manning is being rumored for MNF. How about Brady retiring and going to the booth for 20 mill, the Networks would go crazy.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Romo is damn great in the booth
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Manning is being rumored for MNF. How about Brady retiring and going to the booth for 20 mill, the Networks would go crazy.

Idk if Brady has the personality for that. Manning definitely does.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

$1,416,666 every month.

$653,846 every 2 weeks. 26 pay periods.

3 hours on Sunday during football season to work......

thats the entertainment industry for you , crazy world we live in

You think that is crazy? Just found out that Judge Judy makes 47 million a year. Almost 1 mil per episode.

Wtfffffff
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
You think that is crazy? Just found out that Judge Judy makes 47 million a year. Almost 1 mil per episode.

Wtfffffff

And she puts in a 5 day work week.

Wtfffffff

A work week, good one lol

Wtfffffff

A work week, good one lol

Romo's good at what he does. If that's what they want to pay him, than good for him. He makes their product better, so I can understand the logic, even if I've never personally considered the announcers before deciding to watch a game or not.

Guys like Spielman, Tiki, Booger, etc have all been so bad that I noticed. The rest barely register.
I don't know why anyone cares what an announcer gets paid. It has no effect on anyone's team. Lot's of people make obscene amounts of money in this day and age. It keeps getting worse with no end in site. Entertainers, athletes and CEO's all are over paid but that's the world we live in so we just have to live with it.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Mar 2, 2020 at 10:03 AM ]

lol at thinking all they do is call the games. These guys usually spend time with each team's staff during the week, meeting with players, doing broadcast prep and more. Its a crapload of a lot of money but they are putting way more work into it than just showing up on a Sunday, winging it for a few hours and going home.
I've always liked Pam Oliver, she's in her 50's and still gives good commentary.
Used to think Romo was annoying as an announcer but he's growing on me
For how well Romo predicts offensive and defensive calls during broadcasts, he would make for a legit OC in training.
Romo is a way better broadcaster than he was a qb. Probably gets paid more now too.
Share 49ersWebzone