LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 352 users in the forums

America's Game- Missing Rings

Shop 49ers game tickets
I really enjoyed this series and wondered why they didn't do more episodes. With the 49ers alone, I can think of a few worthy episodes.

1987 San Francisco 49ers
1990 San Francisco 49ers (I know Buffalo has one for 1990 as well)

The last two Walsh teams and first two Seifert teams should've been the team to go to four straight Super Bowls and they would've won them all.

1995 San Francisco 49ers. Had we beaten Atlanta, we don't play Green Bay in the division round and would've rolled to another Super Bowl, in spite of our lack of a running game.

2012 San Francisco 49ers- Unlike the other 49ers teams who just got beat, this team (coaching staff in particular) gave the SB away.

Excluding the obvious 2007 Patriots, any other teams that would make for an interesting episode for Missing Rings?
I'm not sure about the 95 team, I know we had a lot of injuries that season and we would had to have faced GB or Dallas at some point.

You might as well just make one for the 11-13 teams and just group them all together.
Originally posted by linkboy:
I'm not sure about the 95 team, I know we had a lot of injuries that season and we would had to have faced GB or Dallas at some point.

You might as well just make one for the 11-13 teams and just group them all together.

Things can change in the playoffs, but FWIW, after the 1993 NFCCG, the 49ers were 3 - 1 vs. Dallas, and handled Dallas (maybe my favorite win vs. the Cowboys) quite easily in the 1995 season. Also, all 13 win teams worthy. I don't think the 2011 49ers would score enough to beat the Patrots that year.
1983 49ers
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
1983 49ers

Definitely. The NFCCG vs Washington was a complete homer job toward the end. Theismann and his single bar facemask
[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Jun 20, 2019 at 6:57 AM ]
1987 49ers were one of the best teams ever. Not just 49ers teams. Any teams. Not going all the way was truly a lost ring and a massive disappointment.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
1983 49ers

Definitely. The NFCCG vs Washington was a complete homer job toward the end. Theismann and his single bar facemask

From what I can recall, that was the most egregious in terms of getting screwed. The 2013 NFCCG was pretty bad as well.
Originally posted by English:
1987 49ers were one of the best teams ever. Not just 49ers teams. Any teams. Not going all the way was truly a lost ring and a massive disappointment.

They definitely were. Came out flat and unprepared vs the Vikings. Anthony Carter was ridiculous that day.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by English:

They definitely were. Came out flat and unprepared vs the Vikings. Anthony Carter was ridiculous that day.

That little f**ker caught everything all day. It was surreal. One of the worst Niner memories as a child was joes muddy jersey . He took a beating that day
Underrated is the 1999 jags. The lost 3 games all season including playoffs but all 3 were to the titans who went to the sb that yr

• Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
We're missing 3 rings at least.
2012 team hurts the most. They literally had no excuse tolose that game. I blame the players for this one. SMH.

1995, the cowboys were the best team in the league.
49ers wouldn't be on there because its for teams who still don't have a ring.
We would have beat New England in 2011. Thanks Kyle Williams.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I really enjoyed this series and wondered why they didn't do more episodes. With the 49ers alone, I can think of a few worthy episodes.

1987 San Francisco 49ers
1990 San Francisco 49ers (I know Buffalo has one for 1990 as well)

The last two Walsh teams and first two Seifert teams should've been the team to go to four straight Super Bowls and they would've won them all.

1995 San Francisco 49ers. Had we beaten Atlanta, we don't play Green Bay in the division round and would've rolled to another Super Bowl, in spite of our lack of a running game.

2012 San Francisco 49ers- Unlike the other 49ers teams who just got beat, this team (coaching staff in particular) gave the SB away.

Excluding the obvious 2007 Patriots, any other teams that would make for an interesting episode for Missing Rings?

1987 team reminded me so much of the 1984.... even Steve Young who came in as a back up was very outstanding.. we just came out flat against the Vikings and some even said that the 49ers was not mentally ready because they expected the Saints (who was having an awesome season as well - 1st time in playoffs) to beat the Vikings.

we were #1 on offense and #1 on defense that year..

.. then the 1990 team - poor coaching by George " Cassanova " Seifert against the Giants... he allowed Parcells and OJ Anderson dictate the game even knowing that the had a backup QB playing.

... 1991 - another poor coaching.. Dallas had no reason to beat us that year, they were too young and we didn't take it to them... Irvin was running nothing but INs and OUTs and we couldn't stop it..

... and last but not the least, the year Stubblefield dominated the league, with Kevin Greene, Alfred Williams and Rod Woodson on the D-side, we let a less talented team beat us because we sat and allow Favre to STRONG ARMED us..

4 missing rings!!!
Share 49ersWebzone