There are 174 users in the forums

Who ya got? And why?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who ya got? And why?

I need to know some specifics. Is this RIce/Owens from 97-2000? If so, sadly, I have to take Carter/Moss who were THE duo (trio if you count Jake Reed) from 1998-2000. Now if we are just taking them in terms of their career, then Rice/Owens easily.
Pretty sure 9/10 of any fan base would say Rice and Owens. Only way I could possibly justify taking Carter/Moss is if I have a gunslinging QB that makes risky throws like Favre or Vick and even then I'd still probably go with Rice and Owens
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Shocking result on the 49er fan page.

Yup. Great thread. This should be very interesting...

Not really if you look at them head to head. Rice kills either one head to head, but lets say Owens vs. Moss and Rice vs. Carter. No matter who's throwing the ball , would you take carter over Rice ?? (one of the greatest WR's of all time vs. THE greatest WR (and some say top 3 FOOTBALL players of all time). Easy 49er win 1-0. And Moss would be a slaughter vs. Rice. So, now its up to Owens over Moss. SB appearances and wins shud be about the same, lol. Stats are eerily similar, very , very close!!!; Owens has more; games, yard avg., Rec. yards, overall yards, and fan points. Moss has 3 more TD's, and Y/R-DATS IT!
G219 (OWENS)
AV165
Rec1078
Yds15934
Y/R14.8
TD153
FantPt2560.5

MOSS :218
AV161
Rec982
Yds15292
Y/R15.6
TD156
FantPt2505.4
SO, MY PIC IS RICE OWENS, ON ANYBODYS FAN SITE, FOOTBALL FIELD , OR UNIVERSE.

Not really if you look at them head to head. Rice kills either one head to head, but lets say Owens vs. Moss and Rice vs. Carter. No matter who's throwing the ball , would you take carter over Rice ?? (one of the greatest WR's of all time vs. THE greatest WR (and some say top 3 FOOTBALL players of all time). Easy 49er win 1-0. And Moss would be a slaughter vs. Rice. So, now its up to Owens over Moss. SB appearances and wins shud be about the same, lol. Stats are eerily similar, very , very close!!!; Owens has more; games, yard avg., Rec. yards, overall yards, and fan points. Moss has 3 more TD's, and Y/R-DATS IT!
G219 (OWENS)
AV165
Rec1078
Yds15934
Y/R14.8
TD153
FantPt2560.5
MOSS :218
AV161
Rec982
Yds15292
Y/R15.6
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
For seasons where both Carter and Moss were both lining up in 1998-2001 the Vikings had Brad Johnson, Jeff George and Daunte Culpepper as QBs, if my internet research is worth a crap.

So given that, I don't think it's a fair fight with Young as QB throwing to Rice and Owens. Even Garcia I'd take.

Rice and Owens.

But keep in mind too, Owens also had Donovan Mc.Nabb, Tony Romo, and a myriad of guys on Buffalo, Cinci, Seattle, and Allen Wranglers (wtf?).
Moss- was a 49er(our QB's), had Tom Brady (in the 16-0 season I believe), and guys from Tennessee, Raiders, and a DOUBLE DIP with the Vikes.
So, career wise, I see it close with the tools they had to work with at QB. Remember, Owens had Young near the end of Youngs' career- (and NEVER Montana), but also; Tim Rattay, Steve Stenstrom, and Garcia.

It's not a fan reaction at all it's the truth. If Owens and Moss were similar or even if you have miss as better, Jerry Rice was so much better than Chris Carter in every way that it's not close. So no, it's not Fan or Homer voting it's reality. Even a lot of Vikings fans have said so much
Originally posted by elguapo:

It's not a fan reaction at all it's the truth. If Owens and Moss were similar or even if you have miss as better, Jerry Rice was so much better than Chris Carter in every way that it's not close. So no, it's not Fan or Homer voting it's reality. Even a lot of Vikings fans have said so much

#FACTS
I'm just wondering if they agree with this poll on the Vikings boards
Originally posted by Imcaleburnot:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
The better question would have been Rice and Carter vs Moss and Owens.

So out of the ones you stated, who you taking?

Moss and Owens
Rice/TO

Rice is the GOAT and TO is right there or better than Carter and Moss. Rice and TO were excellent blockers too. Easy call.

Originally posted by English:
The best. And the 2nd best. Fairly obvious, really. Any chance I can have JT as my third guy?

I'll be there for you baby.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jun 19, 2019 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
The better question would have been Rice and Carter vs Moss and Owens.

That actually is a good one.

The OP has Moss vs Owens which is a toss up.

Rice with the longevity of great play is always #1.

Cris Carter's claim to fame is being the GOAT boundary receiver (making tip toe catches by the sidelines).....but Moss' deep threat ability is more important.

And while Moss was the GOAT deep threat, I firmly believe that TO did more overall with more teams to possibly be considered better than Moss.
Pardon me people, I didn't realize this would go in the "SF NINER TALK". I thought it was just a league wide forum w all fans.
Carter ain't even top 20.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Obviously its the truth. I dont think anybody is arguing that. Rice Owens would probably even win on a Viks forum. Its like when I made the other thread between Joe and Rivers. Obviously Joe is better, thats why this thread isnt necessary.
Share 49ersWebzone