Texans fired GM Brian Gaine.

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Strange to see someone fired because he was "good but not good enough"

• dj43
Sounds like allowing the Eagles to jump ahead of them and draft OT Andre Dillard was a focal point.

Dillard was seen as the much-needed protector for Deshaun Watson. Everyone thought he was the right guy but so did the Eagles.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dj43:
Sounds like allowing the Eagles to jump ahead of them and draft OT Andre Dillard was a focal point.

Dillard was seen as the much-needed protector for Deshaun Watson. Everyone thought he was the right guy but so did the Eagles.

allowing? didnt the Eagles trade with the Ravens to select him?
  • dj43
Originally posted by boast:

allowing? didnt the Eagles trade with the Ravens to select him?

From memory, it was suggested that Dillard would not drop to the Texans. A move up would have been in order. Gaine didn't move up and they lost their guy.

Was that the actual reason, or was it other stuff?

EDIT: MadDog had Dillard #6 on his big board.
[ Edited by dj43 on Jun 7, 2019 at 3:50 PM ]
There had to be other reasons other than the draft. Weird.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Could be another reason

GMs dropping like flies. I'm betting John Lynch is bringing in some donuts to Jed tomorrow morning like "we cool?"
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I love how Head Coach butt chin is immune to criticism regarding the Texans failures. He's the one that supposedly got Rick Smith out of there.
  • dj43
Originally posted by FL9er:
I love how Head Coach butt chin is immune to criticism regarding the Texans failures. He's the one that supposedly got Rick Smith out of there.

Losing Matheiu and not getting Clowney extended had to play as well.

I wonder if this means something will happen soon with Clowney. I've kind of been waiting for him to get traded. A lot of pass rusher movement this offseason.

This is huge.

Also, their OL is in need of an overhaul.

I think Hopkins is a superb receiver and it's been a real shame for years he didn't have a descent QB and now the OL is pretty porous so Watson doesn't have enough time to connect as often as he should,
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This is huge.

Also, their OL is in need of an overhaul.

I think Hopkins is a superb receiver and it's been a real shame for years he didn't have a descent QB and now the OL is pretty porous so Watson doesn't have enough time to connect as often as he should,

Sounds like Andre Johnson, part 2 in many ways.
Share 49erswebzone