LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 200 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WestCoastO:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
CMC is a great weapon but how do you pay a running back $16 mil when you're trying to rebuild lol makes no sense whatsoever

Makes perfect sense actually. Hes 23, not 33.

Running backs aren't high value acquisitions they're run of the mill and plug and play value. Build a defense with that money and draft a 5th rounder

It's not a bad price tag if you think of him as a RB / slot WR
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
CMC is a great weapon but how do you pay a running back $16 mil when you're trying to rebuild lol makes no sense whatsoever

Makes perfect sense actually. Hes 23, not 33.

Running backs aren't high value acquisitions they're run of the mill and plug and play value. Build a defense with that money and draft a 5th rounder

He's more than just a RB. Hes the best RB in the league and also a great receiver. Also you're not gonna find RBs in the 5th round who can play like he does

And he costs 16 mil a year. How do you build a defense with that money when elite DL cost 20+ mil a year?
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Apr 14, 2020 at 8:50 PM ]
Pro Football Royalty, I'm ok with anything he makes. Tough as nails, if he played in the 50's he would've been All-Pro on Offense and Defense.
I don't care that McCaffrey got paid. Teams typically budget by position. The panthers spent 16 mil on one guy, plus Mike Davis for 3 and a few under 1 mil. We've got 5 in Juice, McKinnon's was originally over 7, Coleman at 5, a few guys on cheaper deals etc. Point being, they're not completely out of whack with where we were last year.

I'd rather have a stable of backs making less so we can spread the workload and the injury risk, but I'm not mad the kid got paid. They're in a rebuild and will probably lean very heavily on their run game for a bit. I understand the logic, but I am glad that's not us for a lot of reasons.
I think the pic is doctored...CM keeps himself in great shape, but not that. Besides, he's into martial arts in a big way, you get strong, but not bulked up like that. At any rate, although I agree he should be one of the highest paid RB's in the league, $16M is a ton of $$ for a RB. He's gone over 400 touches twice now & that may catch up with him.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
imagine him on this team.

Kittle and C-Mac would be scary for opposing DC's. It would be incredibly tough in getting us off the field on any 3rd and less than 8.
Originally posted by evil:

Kittle and C-Mac would be scary for opposing DC's. It would be incredibly tough in getting us off the field on any 3rd and less than 8.

True .... but Solly helped us suck enough to get Bosa .
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

If we had C-Mac we probably don't get Bosa but I do wish we could have both.
Originally posted by Overkill:
I don't care that McCaffrey got paid. Teams typically budget by position. The panthers spent 16 mil on one guy, plus Mike Davis for 3 and a few under 1 mil. We've got 5 in Juice, McKinnon's was originally over 7, Coleman at 5, a few guys on cheaper deals etc. Point being, they're not completely out of whack with where we were last year.

I'd rather have a stable of backs making less so we can spread the workload and the injury risk, but I'm not mad the kid got paid. They're in a rebuild and will probably lean very heavily on their run game for a bit. I understand the logic, but I am glad that's not us for a lot of reasons.
Exactly my man.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

If we had C-Mac we probably don't get Bosa but I do wish we could have both.

McCaffrey in Kyle's offense would be amazing. It won't happen but it's fun to dream.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
McCaffrey in Kyle's offense would be amazing. It won't happen but it's fun to dream.

That would be fun to watch
Originally posted by Overkill:

That's because those are the players we have. Once upon a time we also payed Gore. If we had currently had a 23 year old All Pro RB, most likely he would be getting payed as well.
Elite RBs deserve to be paid regardless of your personal preference on the topic. Period.
He worked for it and got what he deserved
Share 49ersWebzone