There are 292 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
With our luck, he'll start off great and then get the Coronavirus.

I unno about the bad luck juju. Last year, A LOT of things went the 49ers way. They were fortunate last season.

I don't know about that, I'd say the opposite and A LOT was unfortunate. Injuries galore. Staley, Mcglinchey, Richburg, Sanders, McKinnon, Juice, Kittle, Verrett, Witherspoon, DJ Jones, Ford, Kwon to name a few. That's a lot of starters to lose at different points. I guess you can say that we were fortunate though because we won despite all that

Missing both starting tackles would put many offenses down. Not to mention the other key injuries you listed above. I think it gets overlooked because they were still winning despite those injuries.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I unno about the bad luck juju. Last year, A LOT of things went the 49ers way. They were fortunate last season.

I don't know about that, I'd say the opposite and A LOT was unfortunate. Injuries galore. Staley, Mcglinchey, Richburg, Sanders, McKinnon, Juice, Kittle, Verrett, Witherspoon, DJ Jones, Ford, Kwon to name a few. That's a lot of starters to lose at different points. I guess you can say that we were fortunate though because we won despite all that

We were fortunate that most of those injuries weren't season ending. Most of our key players were healthy going into the playoffs.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I can't help it - I'm an optimist, I see good things for him this year.

I know you're an optimist but I'm skeptical about having a full season. It won't be normal with shortened camps and maybe a shortened season if this frickin virus surges again in the fall. Almost certain that there will be few if any fans in the seats so I wonder how not having the fans there cheering will affect the play.

Having a bunch of key guys get Injured Isn't fortunate.
I wonder if this was us trying to trade Ford...

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

It wouldn't be a bad move.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

It wouldn't be a bad move.

Ford could fit any defense, speed pass rusher...anyone can use that.

I think Yannick is a bit overrated. I wouldn't want to take on his contract because you KNOW it's gonna have more GTD cash than Ford.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Ford is going to be healthy this year - if be foolish to gamble on Yannick, when we have Ford, at a cheaper price tag.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Ford is going to be healthy this year - if be foolish to gamble on Yannick, when we have Ford, at a cheaper price tag.

Yup, him playing well is just as important as being able to get out of that big contract Just as easy. I honestly don't think it was Ford or SF was involved with Yannick.
I wouldn't hesitate one second to swap Ford for Ngakoue. I'd do it right now given the chance to do so.

Ngakoue is every bit as good as Dee Ford as a pass rusher; he's 4 years younger than Ford; Ngakoue is durable and doesn't miss games; Ngakoue's pass-rush style(hand-technique based) is conducive to longevity in the league.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 15, 2020 at 1:20 PM ]

Originally posted by Heroism:
I wouldn't hesitate one second to swap Ford for Ngakoue. I'd do it right now given the chance to do so.

Ngakoue is every bit as good as Dee Ford as a pass rusher; he's 4 years younger than Ford; Ngakoue is durable and doesn't miss games; Ngakoue's pass-rush style(hand-technique based) is conducive to longevity in the league.

so is he going to be rental? He'll easily get paid more than Ford

Agreed. You guys are nuts wanting to keep Ford over Yannick. Of course the younger more durable player is more expensive. But he would be an upgrade and he's better versus the run. Don't see it happening though.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Agreed. You guys are nuts wanting to keep Ford over Yannick. Of course the younger more durable player is more expensive. But he would be an upgrade and he's better versus the run. Don't see it happening though.

If anything, I'm looking for us to find extra cap space not add to it lol. If Ford proves to be healthy, then great. If not, then we'll be getting out of the deal real soon and likely will be drafting Dline in the first or 2nd round in 2022 lol.

from a football standpoint sure (still think he's a little overrated). He's gonna get paid much more than Ford though. Ford's contract has to be looked at as a plus for this team.

Bingo!
Share 49ersWebzone