LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Wes Welker WR Coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
14-3?

Why is that funny? If Jimmy doesn't get hurt, and they don't have those injuries, it's a different season. They should have beat the packers, the titans, and the seahwaks. Should have never lost to the cardinals twice. The team way underperformed. You forget expectations before the season.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
14-3?

Why is that funny? If Jimmy doesn't get hurt, and they don't have those injuries, it's a different season. They should have beat the packers, the titans, and the seahwaks. Should have never lost to the cardinals twice. The team way underperformed. You forget expectations before the season.

Ya, there's always the fans who have the ultra high expectations. But this wasn't a 14-3 team unless everything was gonna be perfect. Injuries are part of the NFL, every team deals with them every single year so you just can't bank on that. And Jimmy injured is a tradition unlike any other.

I had us at 10-7 while taking injuries into consideration.
Originally posted by kazak13:
I dont get it.. Is he getting promoted to leave for MIA or will he be a WR coach there as well? if so niners can block this move.

Yes which means it has Kyle's blessing.
I love how people had gloom and doom prophecies at the ready, everything from Welker wanting to get away from Trey Lance, to Kyle not satisfied with Welker's performance, and then it comes out that Welker wanted to be near family.

Not sure how they underperformed. Initial power rankings had them in the 5-7 range and they finished in the final four. They pretty much performed as expected.
I dont get it.. Is he getting promoted to leave for MIA or will he be a WR coach there as well? if so niners can block this move.

He'll be a wr coach. Reports are going to Miami will get him closer to his family. This is just a matter of Kyle doing the right thing for someone. I don't believe he'd let him go either if he didn't already have a succession plan in mind for who will take his spot.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:

Not sure how they underperformed. Initial power rankings had them in the 5-7 range and they finished in the final four. They pretty much performed as expected.

They ended the season about where I expected. But that regular season was a true definition of underperformance.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

He'll be a wr coach. Reports are going to Miami will get him closer to his family. This is just a matter of Kyle doing the right thing for someone. I don't believe he'd let him go either if he didn't already have a succession plan in mind for who will take his spot.

Agreed. Kyle is being a great coach by letting him go to be near his family. Nice move by Kyle which will probably help him get more coaches he wants!
Share 49ersWebzone