There are 153 users in the forums

Antonio Brown

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I see your point but I just think we have other needs that need to be filled this year. I'm not concerned about his holdout since a lot of top receivers are a pain in the ass. I'm a little more concerned about his age and how much of a drop off we will see in the next couple of years. Our passing game was actually pretty good except in the red zone.

Needs? What do you think SF might spend say a 2nd rd pick on? I'm guessing a WR...no more developing at every single position hoping something happens. We got a s**t ton of develop picks on the roster already.

They need to start winning this yr...that requires proven talent.

As far as the RZ issues...Brown has like 59 TDs in 5 yrs.

I already listed Brown's exceptional yearly red zone production a few days ago, and it was met with dismissal. I was told that Brown's stats were not relevant and that he isnt the type of RZ threat that we need.

This thread is seriously something else.

I never said Brown wasn't a red zone WR I just said you can't teach 6'5 and their abilities are closer than the stats appear to show IMO. Brown would be amazing in the red zone... and you already sold me I'm on the bandwagon lol

For the record, it wasnt just you who claimed Brown wasnt a RZ threat because of his size.

Yup size isn't the only factor. I think it helps a lot for Green obviously who with a better QB would have better numbers.

But I honestly think our best red zone threat is Trent Taylor... well besides Kittle perhaps.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Yup size isn't the only factor. I think it helps a lot for Green obviously who with a better QB would have better numbers.

But I honestly think our best red zone threat is Trent Taylor... well besides Kittle perhaps.

I like Pettis playing basketball in the redzone
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Yep. Pettis will be breaking DB's ankles for years to come.
Originally posted by John_Candy:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Yep. Pettis will be breaking DB's ankles for years to come.

Forgot about pettis. Yea he looked good there too.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I have no idea who the Niners will draft at #2. It depends on who is sitting there. If there is a corner or LB that they think will help then I'm guessing they jump on it. They could go receiver if there is one they like but that guy will cost less than Brown. He may not be as good as Brown but if he's good enough to improve the red zone offense then he's good enough. Then use the money the save on signing free agents.

Only you can't just assume you can sign FAs...trading for an elite talent that in the short term (2-3 yrs) makes this team much better is the route we need to be thinking about.
I love the guy's game, he's without any doubt, the best receiver under 6 feet tall that has ever played in my opinion. I absolutely hate the kind of behavior he exhibits. The way he acts can f**k up a team, even one that's been as stable as they have for years now. I wouldn't give up more than a 2nd round for him, and you know that won't be enough. That's why I am against signing him. Dude is a pint sized TO, crazy talented...emphasis on the crazy part.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Seriously, how do you get excited about adding Brown to your team after watching Sharpe on this video? I mean, the players and former players know a cancer when they see it.

Again ... former teammate says the guy is a problem. How can you listen to this and still advocate not only signing him but giving up considerable value in order to get him?
Originally posted by midrdan:

Again ... former teammate says the guy is a problem. How can you listen to this and still advocate not only signing him but giving up considerable value in order to get him?

Amazing question..
Originally posted by GMniner805:

Amazing question..

Ryan Clark is just trying to scare off teams so AB can stay with the steelers. 🙄😂

I don't know. It's a huge gamble that has a high probability to turn into an unforced error. Haven't we lost enough on volatile personalities that have no respect for the rules?

We're potentially giving up huge value. Wide receiver isn't even near the top of our needs. I'm hoping and expecting that Stanford man is smarter than that. If he makes this mistake, he will deserve the hit to his reputation, because he can't say he couldn't see it coming.

The reason Saleh got a pass is because we don't have enough talent on defense. Using that second round fourth pick on Any position on defense will do more for our SB potential. Kyle can get receivers open.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Jan 12, 2019 at 9:18 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone