LISTEN: 49ers Schedule Release Special →

There are 113 users in the forums

Antonio Brown

Shop 49ers game tickets
AB has been flirting with the Niners directly so I bet the Steelers will avoid trading with us just out of spite. My guess is he will end up with Green Bay for the 1st round pick they got from the Saints. Could be the last pick in the first round.
Apparently, he unfollowed the Steelers on Twitter.

You would think this stuff would cool down after 10+ days.
I just dont see how the 49ers can afford to give up draft picks for Brown.

Only having 6 and obviously the rebuild is going on. Did we all forget WRs are a dime a dozen?? AB himself was a 6th round pick. Id rather keep the picks and take a chance on a young high character guy. One thing ive always given Shanahan credit for is his ability to scout WRs and find late round gems.

Really like Taylor and James.
[ Edited by GMniner805 on Jan 11, 2019 at 9:23 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for CatchMaster80.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I wouldn't trade any of our top 3 picks this year since we have so few. If they would take a #2 next year when we have more picks and hopefully won't be drafting so early I would do it. If things go well we would be drafting between 15-20.

Who cares how few we have? You're getting pro-bowl player at a position of need right now. Let's stop acting like a 2nd or 3rd rd pick will equal a player the caliber of AB over the course the next 3 yrs.
I see your point but I just think we have other needs that need to be filled this year. I'm not concerned about his holdout since a lot of top receivers are a pain in the ass. I'm a little more concerned about his age and how much of a drop off we will see in the next couple of years. Our passing game was actually pretty good except in the red zone.
Originally posted by GMniner805:

Only having 6 and obviously the rebuild is going on. Did we all forget WRs are a dime a dozen?? AB himself was a 6th round pick. Id rather keep the picks and take a chance on a young high character guy. One thing ive always given Shanahan credit for is his ability to scout WRs and find late round gems.

I don't see how this team can pass up on an opportunity to add an elite player on this team. Brown is still an elite player on a team and that team is one of the best organization in all of sports. His leadership will be very valuable.

This team had numerous draft capital and they managed to squander most of their draft capital. They need to change things up; the old way is not working for them.

So they swap 2nd round picks or even first round picks to get Brown, then do so. This team needs elite talent on this team. The fact that fans are too scared to do so makes me SMH.

Elite WRs are not a dime a dozen. Players like Taylor and James absolutely fit that bill. Antonio Brown does not.

The lengths some people are going to discredit a top 3 WR is baffling to me.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Elite WRs are not a dime a dozen. Players like Taylor and James absolutely fit that bill. Antonio Brown does not.

Trading high draft picks for a 30 year old WR is not how you build a team

You find the next Antonio Brown.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I have no idea why you'd want a bad attitude like his in the locker room. Have you not been keeping up with how hes been behaving? The way he acts towards teammates and coaches has been deplorable. There's no doubt he is a great player, but man, hes a terribly selfish, ridiculously narcissistic individual. He'd have to come a lot cheaper than what they'll be asking, and have a behavior clause to keep his crazy ass in line. Not worth the headache in my opinion. I mean, he got bent out of shape because Schuster got voted team mvp. That's some petty, childish b******t.

We're not the ones in there man. I highly doubt it's JUST him. Big Ben has been a childish piece of s**t and the center of just about everything wrong there for yrs. He get's a pass on the regular though.

IMO it's the coaching staff (and yes some of the players no doubt) it's not like it's been one player either.... Tomlin has been known to favor certain players and his lack of discipline shows.

narcissistic is a bit much dude. A LOT of these skilled position players can be full of themselves, always have been. IMO I think our lock room can handle Brown and he becomes the star on offense ( looks like we got our captains all signing off on it like JG, Kittle, Sherm, Kittle). He's also one of the hardest working guys in football and expects the guys around him to be the same.

We had people in here saying they didn't want Sherm because he was an ass and full of himself....how'd that work out?

SF NEEDS I repeat NEEDS talent and proven stars. It's yr 3 of the rebuild and it's time to take some chances on PROVEN players. IF Brown was a angel he wouldn't even be talked about as a trade candidate.

He needs a new scene and I'm on board, as long as the compensation is fair. The 2nd overall pick is untouchable unless is a massive haul.

Dude, I suggest you watch the Ryan Clark clips. Narcissistic isn't a reach, it's a fact. The guy quit on his team on the week of a must win game over losing a popularity vote. There's no doubt Ben is a total piece of s**t, a rapist by all accounts, but this s**t with Brown isn't some isolated event, it's a troubling pattern of behavior that's been going on since he got his first contract extension.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Jan 11, 2019 at 9:54 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Trading high draft picks for a 30 year old WR is not how you build a team

You find the next Antonio Brown.

Which is incredibly easy to do.

i wonder how many teams out there that have picks 20 on are willing to deal their first rounder for AB? i wouldnt trade the #2 overall but lets say 20th pick in 1st round seems better than 2nd pick in 2nd round... unless the niners give up next year's first rounder.. i could see that happening..
Originally posted by kazak13:
i wonder how many teams out there that have picks 20 on are willing to deal their first rounder for AB? i wouldnt trade the #2 overall but lets say 20th pick in 1st round seems better than 2nd pick in 2nd round... unless the niners give up next year's first rounder.. i could see that happening..

If Lynch were to go all in during FA thats the only deal I would make. Doubt the Steelers take 2020 picks.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Apparently, he unfollowed the Steelers on Twitter.

You would think this stuff would cool down after 10+ days.

Yea he also stopped following them on Instagram and was following the 49ers but is no longer following us either.
Following the Pats now 😆
Originally posted by OC49erLuVeR:
Following the Pats now 😆

Ha, well luckily Pittsburgh would never trade him to the pats
Share 49ersWebzone