LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 186 users in the forums

Antonio Brown

Shop 49ers game tickets
AB doesn't really make sense, he's suspended till week 9, I mean by then will we need him? Deebo should be back, Aiyuk, Bourne, Taylor, Hurd seems like enough, if Pettis turns it around, he probably has the most talent of all the WRs, we'll see what maybe Benjamin brings. I just think we're better off with our younger players, rather they get time than signing a veteran who takes snaps and reps from them. Plus I agree with NY, he seems mentally unstable, who knows if he'll be happy if he doesn't get enough touches? We also have Kittle, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, and Juice, not enough balls to go around.
No idea how anything about Kittle squeezes into the discussion. Brown is looking at a severely small amount to be paid after his recent troubles. Vets seeking major contracts will be a non-issue wherever he goes.
How does someone get suspended if not on a team?
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

He's not the first. I forgot the language that they use exactly, but he's technically still an NFL employee. Until he puts in his retirement papers.

Happens all the time nowadays, since he violated the NFL's rules, he's subjected to suspension, only now he can serve it as a FA, it used to be he needed to be on a team to serve the suspension.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Happens all the time nowadays, since he violated the NFL's rules, he's subjected to suspension, only now he can serve it as a FA, it used to be he needed to be on a team to serve the suspension.

That's dumb. So if he doesn't sign till week 9 he loses nothing?

Well technically he losses 8 weeks worth of pay, when he were to sign he would only get a prorated portion of his salary.

Well technically he losses 8 weeks worth of pay, when he were to sign he would only get a prorated portion of his salary.

This.
Steve Young said that the current version of the 49ers will have to score 5 TDs a game to compete with the Chiefs and Seahawks of the League, and I agree. And if this is truly the case, it behooves John Lynch to make a serious push for Antoinio Brown, baggage and all.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Steve Young said that the current version of the 49ers will have to score 5 TDs a game to compete with the Chiefs and Seahawks of the League, and I agree. And if this is truly the case, it behooves John Lynch to make a serious push for Antoinio Brown, baggage and all.

Current as in injuries factored in? Because when healthy I dint agree with that. Either way when healthy this team is capable of scoring 5 TD a game and still having a dominant D

If we can get this guy on the cheap for the rest of the year, why not. Of course, he'll end up on the seahawks and they'll continue to dominate.

I am tired of the excuses for injuries, we still have the potential to have a great team this year..with or without bosa. Why can't we make a splash move and make a push to go win it all this year. I know I'll get killed for this but whatever. I know he's a ahole and has mental problems but he would thrive in kyles offense. Imagine Kyle With him, even if for 10+ game this year. Tired of all these good players ending up on other teams for the cheap. Don't @ me
Can he play center?
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Can he play center?

Of attention
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Can he play center?

Of attention

Lol
Tyreke Hill and Frank Clark are proven abusers and a big reason why we lost the super bowl last year. We went Charles Haley to the Cowboys and a big reason why we don't have more super bowl victories.

I'm not saying sell our soul to the devil but winning with a bunch of choir boys is not likely. If he "acts up" cut him. Low risk, high reward. There is a reason why Brady and Wilson reportedly want them on their respective teams. He is a baller.
Share 49ersWebzone