LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Eric Reid thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Reid is mad we clapped his overrated is this season. Reid hasn't done s**t but hide behind kap(the guy doing the real work) and his keyboard.

Reid declines to going Washington practice squad
Originally posted by battletowin:

"I'm just not in a place to play on the practice squad right now," Reid said. "If they go a different direction, I'll be ready."

It's the only offer Reid has received in 2020

• Jiks
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

"I'm just not in a place to play on the practice squad right now," Reid said. "If they go a different direction, I'll be ready."

Poor guy.
Originally posted by Mayor:
Yes, I do. Now, he's out for too long to really get to know but the last years? He was better than Bottles, Carr, Osweiler, Newton, Savage, Fitzpatrick, Palmer and so on and so forth.

I agree with the rest of your post, though. Reid is showing a kind of attitude that make you understand that so many GMs don't want a guy like him in the organization. It's not about his protest, it's the whining and b***hing.

You're wrong though. Really, really wrong. If Patrick knelt at Kap's stage in his career the Chiefs would still owe him a gazillion dollars. He's bullet proof and not going anywhere. We attempted to trade Kap, he was benched and disgraced before he knelt. The league took away his second chance. Mahomes is Just too d good for any team to ever depart from him barring pulling an Aaron Hernandez.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 28, 2020 at 10:41 AM ]

Funny or not, he is better than a practice squad player. You know that. I know that. Everyone knows that.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Funny or not, he is better than a practice squad player. You know that. I know that. Everyone knows that.

Not really. Dude was not that great last year. Would you take him on the team right now, kneeling aside?
[ Edited by Jiks on Oct 28, 2020 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Jiks:

Not really. Dude was not that great last year. Would you take him on the team right now, kneeling aside?

Have you seen our secondary?

And "not that great last year" =/= deserves to be on a practice squad this year
Qb's had a 148.1 qb rating vs Reid last year. He really doesn't even deserve to be on a practice squad. He's good vs the run but it's not 2013 anymore.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Jiks:

Reid would make us better? In what areas?

Well i had no idea reid could play corner.

Who knew he was playing out of position his whole career?

Practice squad this year is an entirely different beast. The rules have vastly changed and you're seeing a ton of veteran players wind up on practice squads. Its a faster pipeline to get called up to an NFL roster than usual.

If Reid is turning down offers to be on a PS, I don't think that bodes well for his chances to be on an NFL roster period.

A guy who two years in a row was one of the worst safeties in the NFL in coverage was going to fix that how? Reid's main problem is that his skillset isn't compatible with the modern NFL. Ron Rivera was decent enough to throw him a lifeline and he rejected it.
f**k this dude. I will always remember him as the guy who f**ked up Bowman's knee. Just like I will always remember Kap as the guy who couldn't get 5 yards to win us the Super Bowl.

A guy who two years in a row was one of the worst safeties in the NFL in coverage was going to fix that how? Reid's main problem is that his skillset isn't compatible with the modern NFL. Ron Rivera was decent enough to throw him a lifeline and he rejected it.

This. Dude is garbage man, don't know what you saw SWH but he can't cover nobody and that began when he was with us.
Share 49ersWebzone