LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 420 users in the forums

Eric Reid thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hard to rally yourself behind fake motivational substance that you fabricated yourself.

Sherman does it well
Originally posted by JayBomber:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Gave up a 50 burger.

T
R
A
S
H

Yup and he was the one guarding Sanders on his touchdown catch

He got abused a lot in this game, but he did have that one play where he got to pose and look like a jackass despite getting his ass handed to him repeatedly every other play.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
I think it has more to do with them switching his position in a contract year, and then he sat in FA forever before signing with Carolina. Sorry dude, you didn't fit this defense anymore unless you switched positions. Ask Solomon Thomas, Jimmy Ward, and Tarvarius Moore how it feels to switch positions.

He switched positions for one game due to injury and then went back to safety. Dude just loves the drama.

I get the issue. If Tartt didn't get injured, he would've been kept at LB. And based on the interviews he was giving back then, the team was noncommittal about where they were going with this position switch. It's not exactly a ringing endorsement about your future. What player wants to hear that in a contract year? I don't think that helped his value either.

With that being said, for the stuff he was talking about how he didn't forget, he probably hopes Coach Rivera has one of those Men In Black mind eraser pens. The Carolina Panthers were ethered.
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hard to rally yourself behind fake motivational substance that you fabricated yourself.

Sherman does it well

Sherman is actually good. Sorry..Sherman is great. Lots of great players use all kinds of things to motivate themselves. I honestly don't care if a player does it. It's how you keep the edge. Example, Jerry Rice practiced like his job was in jeopardy, all the time. I'm only annoyed when you share your fabrications and DON'T back it up with your play.
LOL!! Already released. Pretty pathetic that the only time I heard from this guy was when he was whining about the anthem protests. Well, good luck finding another job sell out. I hear McDonalds is hiring.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106831/article/panthers-release-safety-eric-reid-after-2-seasons
Originally posted by Snitch:
LOL!! Already released. Pretty pathetic that the only time I heard from this guy was when he was whining about the anthem protests. Well, good luck finding another job sell out. I hear McDonalds is hiring.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106831/article/panthers-release-safety-eric-reid-after-2-seasons

Ya somebody who's made millions and has a pro football background is gonna go work at McD. I bet he would have a really hard time becoming a coach or work in the media if he wanted to.

Actually, Reid would be more of a sell out if he stopped or suddenly denounced the protests. He's not a sell out at present.

Most people if not all associated with corporations (those entities that don't give a s**t about regular people) are sell outs, so that essentially means all of us.

I definitely don't agree with everything Reid says, but at least he's been consistent with what he says (to the best of my knowledge).

The bolded says all that needed to be said. "Already" released as if he didnt play 2 seasons with them and be one of many cuts.
Not a shock. He was bottom of the league bad this past season

QBs had a rating of 140+ when targeting him.

He's basically an undersized middle linebacker trying to play safety at this point. And to think that he got pissed at the 49ers for trying him out at LB.
I wonder if this whiny p***y will find another team. Likely not.

What did he do to hurt you lmao

Originally posted by sacniner:

Hope this POS gets hurt... just like he tried to hurt Benjamin Watson

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not a shock. He was bottom of the league bad this past season

QBs had a rating of 140+ when targeting him.

He's basically an undersized middle linebacker trying to play safety at this point. And to think that he got pissed at the 49ers for trying him out at LB.

Yup. I was dead wrong on this. He may as well have moved to LB.
Players standing (or knelling) for their cause are marginalized because of the shortness of the career. Just play and make the money and when it's all over protest to your hearts content on empty street corners.
Share 49ersWebzone