LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Eric Reid thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by Debryune:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
on a side not, u see how fat Kap's chick got?

Damn, she really did take all his money. Made him a Vegan, then she got on the Mcdonalds diet.

Kaep looks like a character from Skyrim.

She got him cross-dressing, starving, eating some weird vegan diet while she's eating everything in sight. Dude lost the power dynamic in this relationship long ago.

My god i bet she has a bigger dong than him.
:/
just got a 3 yr extension...good for him

Have to see the actually contract but that's not cheap
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 11, 2019 at 10:34 AM ]
His situation was just like Crabs. Lost his starting gig, had to reestablish himself. Now he's back to starting safety $. Good for him. I don't think it has an effect on Kap since he can't even get the chance to reestablish himself.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He won't be back at Carolina next year since he's filling for an injury but he's playing well so he should be able to find a job next year. He sat unemployed for months because he couldn't accept that his value went from 6-7 mil to 1-2 mil.

Hopefully next year he comes in looking for a starting job for years at a reasonable price.

Happy for Reid, he deserves it!
good for him. hes always been a solid safety. probably would rather have him over tartt right now but im surprised he got paid that much especiallt for a safety.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He got $10M guaranteed as a signing bonus. No other details yet but there are numerous incentives that could push the total value over $23M.

It sounds like this would would put him around Jacquiski Tartt money or a bit below in terms of APY.

EDIT: There are roughly 12 safeties within $1M of that range.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 11, 2019 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He got $10M guaranteed as a signing bonus. No other details yet but there are numerous incentives that could push the total value over $23M.

It sounds like this would would put him around Jacquiski Tartt money or a bit below in terms of APY.

EDIT: There are roughly 12 safeties within $1M of that range.

Props to Reid. Wish he were still around. Hopefully we can find a longterm SS of the future in the next season or two.

Way to go Eric. You earned it. Not certain what country you thought you were in, but it sure as hell is not the free country that is advertised. Assuming you have not run afoul of the law your freedom is based upon your economic status, nothing else. Should listen to George Carlin (paraphrasing): "Rich people don't give a f**k about any of us, regardless of your skin tone." That being the case, when you are at work let's just keep it about work.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
He won't be back at Carolina next year since he's filling for an injury but he's playing well so he should be able to find a job next year. He sat unemployed for months because he couldn't accept that his value went from 6-7 mil to 1-2 mil.

Hopefully next year he comes in looking for a starting job for years at a reasonable price.

And. The reason I didn't think they'd extend him was because they paid big on a safety last year not anything he did. I was wrong. So what?

Do you see the difference between this year and last though? This year he established himself as a starter again for Carolina. Last year he had no takers there. It happens. See Crabs in Oak. Had to take a prove it deal then got paid the following year.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 11, 2019 at 1:30 PM ]

And. The reason I didn't think they'd extend him was because they paid big on a safety last year not anything he did. I was wrong. So what?

Do you see the difference between this year and last though? This year he established himself as a starter again for Carolina. Last year he had no takers there. It happens. See Crabs in Oak. Had to take a prove it deal then got paid the following year.

He played well for us that year (one of our few bright spots) even though we kept switching his role during his contract year and he had a s**tty Defensive coordinator.

He shouldn't have had to reestablish himself.

Anyway... I don't want you thinking I dug up your quote... it was the last page I visited in this thread...and I was like "oh? Eeeeexcellent"
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 11, 2019 at 2:42 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he's an above average safety. Not surprised. Kindda weird how he continues to be employed by the nfl. With all the collusion and all. Or is it possible, just maybe, that he has a job because he's good enough? unlike Kap?
Share 49ersWebzone