LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Eric Reid thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
The nfl should revisit the ejection stuff. I don't have a problem with not hitting anyone when they are sliding. Getting ejected for it is too subjective for me.
I thought his ejection was part of the lowering helmet to initiate contact rule, but it was termed "forcible contact to the head of a sliding QB" I'm not really sure there is much argument that the play wasn't that.

He was certainly going for a shot, and although he moved his helmet away he ended up getting him pretty good with his shoulder.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Nov 11, 2018 at 5:32 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I thought his ejection was part of the lowering helmet to initiate contact rule, but it was termed "forcible contact to the head of a sliding QB" I'm not really sure there is much argument that the play wasn't that.

He was certainly going for a shot, and although he moved his helmet away he ended up getting him pretty good with his shoulder.

The refs called it correctly as it's written. I'm just not a fan of the rule. Maybe keep the rule but penalize the QB for late slides.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
The refs called it correctly as it's written. I'm just not a fan of the rule. Maybe keep the rule but penalize the QB for late slides.

I agree with this. Also the jumping out of bounds just before contact.

If you try to get an extra yard or two that is on you.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
I agree with this. Also the jumping out of bounds just before contact.

If you try to get an extra yard or two that is on you.

Agreed. This is common sense so little chance of materializing.

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Nov 30, 2018 at 12:25 PM ]
If I were Eric Reid, I wouldn't trust anything anyone gives me to ingest. This is ridiculous.
Malcolm Smith's hit on the midget yesterday was 5 times worse than Reid's on Big Ben.

I've also seen another that was probably worse than both.

Reid was the only one ejected.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

If he aint doing drugs he shouldnt worry about it.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Also the drug tests are run by an independent agency selected jointly by the NFL and the players union.

With ten players being selected for testing weekly, luck of the draw dictates some guys will get tested a lot more frequently, some guys will be tested a lot less frequently.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Also the drug tests are run by an independent agency selected jointly by the NFL and the players union.

With ten players being selected for testing weekly, luck of the draw dictates some guys will get tested a lot more frequently, some guys will be tested a lot less frequently.
10 out of all active players league-wide? or per game?

We get randomly drug tested here at work, other than my initial drug test i didnt get tested for the first 5 years, then boom all of a sudden i got hit like 3-4 times in a 6 month span

We get randomly drug tested here at work, other than my initial drug test i didnt get tested for the first 5 years, then boom all of a sudden i got hit like 3-4 times in a 6 month span

They probably saw a dip in your work performance. Congrats val.
^^^^This

Can go years without one and then have numerous ones back to back to back.
Originally posted by communist:
10 out of all active players league-wide? or per game?

10 players per team, per week.
Share 49ersWebzone