There are 357 users in the forums

Eric Reid thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by dj43:
I hope he does well.

I never had any problem with his protest. Not only was he articulate and thoughtful, he also came from Baton Rouge where some of the most egregious police actions took place. If anyone had a right to protest, he did.

I respect guys like he and Jenkins protests, because as you said they're thoughtful and believes in what they are doing, so we should listen to what they are saying. Kaep on the other hand is just a follower who has no mind of his own and adjusts his personality and thought process based on whoever he is around at that moment. The afro to me is a perfect example... it just shows he's seeking attention and it's all about Kaep. I have No respect for a phony like that.

Kaepernick killed his chances in the first three weeks of his protest. His rhetoric was juvenile and far too broad-brushed. With the help of Nate Boyer, that changed a lot but it was too late. The horse was out of the barn.

Reid, because he was on the same team and knelt beside Kaep, got painted with the same brush - unfairly, IMO. If he had been on another team, he still would have had to wait for a job as did Boston and Vacarro, but he would have been signed by PS.

Just my view of Reid...
I hope he does well.

I never had any problem with his protest. Not only was he articulate and thoughtful, he also came from Baton Rouge where some of the most egregious police actions took place. If anyone had a right to protest, he did.

I respect guys like he and Jenkins protests, because as you said they're thoughtful and believes in what they are doing, so we should listen to what they are saying. Kaep on the other hand is just a follower who has no mind of his own and adjusts his personality and thought process based on whoever he is around at that moment. The afro to me is a perfect example... it just shows he's seeking attention and it's all about Kaep. I have No respect for a phony like that.

Kaepernick killed his chances in the first three weeks of his protest. His rhetoric was juvenile and far too broad-brushed. With the help of Nate Boyer, that changed a lot but it was too late. The horse was out of the barn.

Reid, because he was on the same team and knelt beside Kaep, got painted with the same brush - unfairly, IMO. If he had been on another team, he still would have had to wait for a job as did Boston and Vacarro, but he would have been signed by PS.

Just my view of Reid...

If Kap was so juvenile and killed his chances, why is he the face of this movement? Why is he the one Nike is getting behind? Wouldn't they want the great articulate Reid to be the face of their campaign if Kap truly "killed his chances"?
these guys won't talk to Trump? I guess that would hurt their brand?
Reid is one of the "good ones" for some... where as Kaepernick is a trouble maker.

Only true thing is Reid would laugh at someone's face for thinking this way.... not accept these wannabe fake "compliments" to just down someone else.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 11, 2018 at 2:31 PM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
I hope he does well.

Just my view of Reid...

If Kap was so juvenile and killed his chances, why is he the face of this movement? Why is he the one Nike is getting behind? Wouldn't they want the great articulate Reid to be the face of their campaign if Kap truly "killed his chances"?

Really? It's pretty clear why. When you are the 1st person to do it of course you are going to be the face. And when you play that role up, it makes it easier to have that person as the face
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Reid is one of the "good ones" for some... where as Kaepernick is a trouble maker.

Only true thing is Reid would laugh at someone's face for thinking this way.... not accept these wannabe fake "compliments" to just down someone else.

Oh Give me a break. I said Kaep is a phony who can't think for himself, as evidenced by his past behavior. I never said he was a trouble maker or tried to down him by giving Reid fake compliments
Really? It's pretty clear why. When you are the 1st person to do it of course you are going to be the face. And when you play that role up, it makes it easier to have that person as the face

But he's juvenile and killed his chances! Horse is out of the barn. Reid did it so much better!

I dont care about the protests one way or the other, but it's really funny to see people that hate Kap trash him while non biased people have chose that juvenile phony, over the articulate Eric Reid, as the man to follow.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 11, 2018 at 5:12 PM ]
  • dj43
I hope he does well.

Just my view of Reid...

Nike is using him to sell their new sports-oriented urban street wear line. Adidas had been getting a big slice of this market with their new gear. Nike didn't want them to get further ahead. So far, it looks like Nike is having success. Just follow the money.

If you don't think CK's initial comments were juvenile and poorly expressed, go back and watch some of his interviews that first week. Then compare it to the way he expressed himself after Nate Boyer and others began advising him. There is a dramatic difference.

But he's juvenile and killed his chances! Horse is out of the barn. Reid did it so much better!

I dont care about the protests one way or the other, but it's really funny to see people that hate Kap trash him while non biased people have chose that juvenile phony, over the articulate Eric Reid, as the man to follow.

Oh ok . But Yeah, he's not a phony . Guy definitely has a mind of his own, doesn't let others influence him and is comfortable in his own skin lol. You also might want to get your facts straight , I have never hated Kaep
On a side note it's nice to see you venture out of the Smith thread for once. Good to see you expanding your horizons
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 11, 2018 at 5:39 PM ]
You all overthinking this. It is all about money and reputation. If Trump doesn't use it as a political advantage, it is a small story.

• TyCore
  • Veteran
Neocoloniasm.

Mmmk.
I wonder if Josh Norman is having second thoughts about playing internet tough guy on Eric Reid.

"Here's my address bro, I pay for your flight... come see me!"

I've never seen Eric that pissed as I've seen him today. Dude has always been a yoked dude... but him coming off a nice guy, you kind of look passed that.

But when he's pissed like he was today, I wouldn't want to be on the other side of that. Skinny Norman would get broke in half. Old man Jenkins didn't want none.
Does anyone have a clue what Reid is talking about? I see that Malcolm has a foundation that helps fund programs for inner city youth. Is Eric mad about that?
I'll bet Reid's time in Carolina will be very short, then he can sue them also for dropping him.
Share 49ersWebzone