LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 147 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

And of course, then gets PBU'd across the middle.

Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
He caught a deep pass from Jimmy today. I'd rather keep him than Hurd. Hurd is bigger, but seems to lack Pettis's toughness.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I miss having Deebo out there.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I miss having Deebo out there.

love deebo
Originally posted by NCommand:

Should have never been his game to begin with...get him in space and some of those deeper passing patterns. Kid is much faster than his pro-day time. Those little dump offs like the one shown should be for guys like Jennings/hurd/deebo anyway.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Should have never been his game to begin with...get him in space and some of those deeper passing patterns. Kid is much faster than his pro-day time. Those little dump offs like the one shown should be for guys like Jennings/hurd/deebo anyway.

Yeah. Unfortunately for him, this WCO requires guys to be able to do everything from in routes to slants to 9's to jet sweeps to blocking down on LB's. His "shake" was the only check box in this system for fit.
It's now or never with this guy! With how thin we are at receiver we really need this guy to step up big time
It's now or never with this guy! With how thin we are at receiver we really need this guy to step up big time

Either that or he can be used as trade bait. Haven't heard anything positive yet from training camp that indicates he has changed at all from last season. That's not good. Seems like the two rookies, Aiyuk and Jennings, are already making their mark in camp while Pettis toils in the background.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah. Unfortunately for him, this WCO requires guys to be able to do everything from in routes to slants to 9's to jet sweeps to blocking down on LB's. His "shake" was the only check box in this system for fit.

Between injuries and COVID, I don't think we can be that picky this year. He'll see playing time and Shanny will adjust the offense accordingly.
Dude's got nine f**king lives given that Deebo, James, and Hurd are all hurt.

Nah, not if we're looking at film from college. He was pretty electric with the ball in his hands with sweeps and stuff. He's also shown he's far from bad at running slants. For the most part he was never horrible at blocking. Had great hands at Washington too.

You can look at tons of WRs that kyle has had that don't check off being good at all the stuff you mentioned...everyone had a role though. My issue is he was simply overdrafted, Kyle thought he could do all of it. If Pettis was a day 3 pick people wouldn't be this upset.

In reality it was some bad scouting.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Dude's got nine f**king lives given that Deebo, James, and Hurd are all hurt.

I don't think he was ever getting cut. Not with the new rules for PS
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Either that or he can be used as trade bait. Haven't heard anything positive yet from training camp that indicates he has changed at all from last season. That's not good. Seems like the two rookies, Aiyuk and Jennings, are already making their mark in camp while Pettis toils in the background.
Sometimes no news is good news. Let's wait until the last day of camp or before the first game to see if he's still in the roster and if he progressed at all.
He has gotten bigger muscle wise,his arms ,his whole body is thicker than last year,I m pulling for Pettis to be better then year one Pettis....for all you Pettis haters.......get a life
He's got the world at his fingertips now. He's got better natural talent than any WR left except Aiyuk, so there is no reason he can't win playing time with James, Deebo and Hurd out.
Share 49ersWebzone