There are 167 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
We have the best pass blocking rt in the NFL
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
"I'm told the reason the Niners took Mike McGlinchey with the 9th pick in the #NFLDraft  is Trent Brown was terribly out of shape at mini camp and they have reservations about him off the shoulder surgery."

- Tony Pauline

Are we supposed to be surprised by this news? Brown is the laziest guy in the league.

Once again I'm right. I argued with guys (NY and Genus) for a year about Kaepernick.

I argued with guys for a year about Trent Brown and how he is a horrible pick.

I argued about Solomon Thomas and taking a DE 3 years in a row.

And now I was the first person on earth to mock McGlinchey to the Niners days before the hype came out.
Man I hate having to invest in Offensive line I like it so much more when our line is horrible and our QBs get killed on sundays...........
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Boring pick. Might be a very smart one.
Originally posted by kazak13:
yeah same here.. we have Brown, Staley and Gilliam at OT... not sure where Mike McGlinchey fits unless we trade Brown

Bingo.
Seems like we could have traded down (assuming a Trade Partner could have been found) and still got this guy. Disappointed in that it's a reach for a possible need.

So much for BPA.
Looks like a big, tall, strong dude that is slow. Does he have problems with edge rushers? Good fit?
Wouldn't shock me to see Trent Brown traded for Shane Ray. Makes sense for both teams given the picks in the top 10.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
"I'm told the reason the Niners took Mike McGlinchey with the 9th pick in the #NFLDraft  is Trent Brown was terribly out of shape at mini camp and they have reservations about him off the shoulder surgery."

- Tony Pauline

Are we supposed to be surprised by this news? Brown is the laziest guy in the league.

Once again I'm right. I argued with guys (NY and Genus) for a year about Kaepernick.

I argued with guys for a year about Trent Brown and how he is a horrible pick.

I argued about Solomon Thomas and taking a DE 3 years in a row.

And now I was the first person on earth to mock McGlinchey to the Niners days before the hype came out.

Wow you are truly a wizard. Little harry potter has nothing on you.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Terrible

Spend a top 10 pick on a guy who can't play lt in the nfl

Terrible
I'm surprised Brown was such a problem. Surprised at the pick. But alright, so it's The Glinch.
Originally posted by BMoore56:

Are you crazy??

Originally posted by kazak13:
i think Fitzpatrick would of hit the field before another OT.. our OT's are fine!!!
Originally posted by BMoore56:

And one of the worst run blocking rt's in the NFL.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Ill reserve judgment for the rest of the draft.

Im not mad at the pick, and kind of like it, however, i do feel that this FO has a tendency to telegraph their picks early on, and its hurting us a bit, as we are becoming predictable. Last year everyone knew Thomas was the pick. this year everyone knew it was the OT.
If we could call it on these forums, every FO in the NFL knew he was the pick.

We agree 100%. We all loved Smith, but expected it. James was my guy after that or trade down to 15 and we STILL would have gotten him or this guy. sigh.
Share 49ersWebzone