There are 105 users in the forums

UDFA Jeffrey Wilson RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
That's likely but I think we should keep 4. Wilson needs to be on this active roster.

Numbers wise it doesn't make sense

Id cut Bourne instead, he's average and hopefully Hurd will be bumping him shortly anyways.

Agree. Bourne is gone when Coleman is back. They'll carry 4 RBs and 1 less WR.

Unless they can find a deal for one of the RBs
This dude doesn't just run hard; he cracks skulls.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:
Sorry, but Wilson goes to the practice squad once Coleman comes back.

That's likely but I think we should keep 4. Wilson needs to be on this active roster.

Agree, every time Wilson is on the 5 to goal line he's pretty much a sure bet to get you a TD. And even though, Bourne has done some good things, I would make him the inactive over Wilson. I have little doubt Hurd can't replace Bourne.
This may have already been mentioned but did anyone see that great block by Wilson to give Garoppolo just that much more time to complete the TD pass to Deebo in the Bengals game? This guy is becoming just a better overall football player.
someone just invoked the name of Kevan Barlow, time to dust off the parachute pants from storage

Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
This may have already been mentioned but did anyone see that great block by Wilson to give Garoppolo just that much more time to complete the TD pass to Deebo in the Bengals game? This guy is becoming just a better overall football player.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Wilson, needs not to fumble when we're in the red zone tho.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Hope they keep him on the roster but if they really need the spot. Maybe they can pull a patriots type deal where they move him to the practice squad but pay him exactly what he'd make on the roster.

Patriots are doing it with a 2017 second round db the raiders picked.

If you are on the PS squad, anyone can sign you away. He isn't going back to the PS.

You have to sign the contract . They can't just force you to join their squad. That's why Patriots threw 53man roster money at the DB just to sit on the practice squad and learn.

It was just an idea. And no sure if Wilson would even do it. But seems like players love being here. If it wouldn't work out then there's no chance in hell I send him to the practice squad.

Ah. Didn't know this was allowed. I learned something new. Wouldn't a player have to clear waivers to make it to the practice squad though?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Sorry, but Wilson goes to the practice squad once Coleman comes back.

Agree, every time Wilson is on the 5 to goal line he's pretty much a sure bet to get you a TD. And even though, Bourne has done some good things, I would make him the inactive over Wilson. I have little doubt Hurd can't replace Bourne.

Agreed. Use Coleman as the 5th receiver.
high chance Wilson gets picked up by another team if he goes back on PS quad, no? Red zone TD machine
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Id cut Bourne instead, he's average and hopefully Hurd will be bumping him shortly anyways.

They don't have to cut anyone. Someone will be inactive though.

• Goatie
  • Veteran
I was glad he got promoted from the practice squad. I was a little disappointed that he didn't make the 53. He is sure making his mark now he has been given the opportunity. I think they would be crazy to cut him. Someone will grab him of waivers and there goes one of our solutions to our red zone problem we had for the last few years. There are others to cut before him.
Hope they keep him on the roster but if they really need the spot. Maybe they can pull a patriots type deal where they move him to the practice squad but pay him exactly what he'd make on the roster.

Patriots are doing it with a 2017 second round db the raiders picked.

If you are on the PS squad, anyone can sign you away. He isn't going back to the PS.

You have to sign the contract . They can't just force you to join their squad. That's why Patriots threw 53man roster money at the DB just to sit on the practice squad and learn.

It was just an idea. And no sure if Wilson would even do it. But seems like players love being here. If it wouldn't work out then there's no chance in hell I send him to the practice squad.

Ah. Didn't know this was allowed. I learned something new. Wouldn't a player have to clear waivers to make it to the practice squad though?

My bad. You're right in that case. He'd have to go through waivers. I was thinking about the condition where he's already on the practice squad, at that point it's his choice on where he goes. Which is how Belichick pulled that move.
Man, what a catch by this UDFA. The pass was behind him, Wilson adjusted and made a CLUTCH catch. He isn't known for receiving outta the backfield, but he cane up big when his number was called. This kid is a grinder

Long Live Jeff f**king Wilson

But he can catch. That's something to consider for a team like this.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Gotta have one of the best TD:Touches ratio in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone