LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

One thread to rule them all - trading JG

Shop 49ers game tickets
if we franchise him and he say says he's never gonna sign a LTD with us then maybe if the browns give both of their top 5 picks, their 2nd, next years 1st as well.

In other words f**k no he's staying here.
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Feb 2, 2018 at 7:48 AM ]
I like that people think that the Browns are going to trade for someone they can't sign either when they could just draft a qb.

I could see McD calling us asking Luck for Jimmy but unless a team can secure Jimmy long term he's not that valuable.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
if we franchise him and he say says he's never gonna sign a LTD with us then maybe if the browns give both of their top 5 picks, their 2nd, next years 1st as well.

In other words f**k no he's staying here.

This. IF he flat out said he's not going to sign long term.

The doom and gloom guys here want to think that if he AND the front office don't agree to a LTD this offseason then he doesn't want to be here. Which is stupid to think that.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 2, 2018 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Why would you trade a porsche for a horse and cart?

Jimmy > 2 firsts and Cousins.

The fan in me agrees with you but the realist says 2 high first round picks and Cousins is better for the team than just 6 game Jimmy G.

Jimmy G might be elite, Cousins will never be elite.

And as much as I think Barkley will be an MVP candidate someday, so will Jimmy. I'll take an MVP candidate at QB over RB anytime.

I don't think there's any 2 players in the draft with Cousins that I would take over Jimmy right now. Not even Barkley and Nelson.
Why would you even put this on the board?
why cant we just ban this topic discussion? it's f**king stupid.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
why cant we just ban this topic discussion? it's f**king stupid.

Very exactly it. ^^^^^^
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Why would you trade a porsche for a horse and cart?

Jimmy > 2 firsts and Cousins.

The fan in me agrees with you but the realist says 2 high first round picks and Cousins is better for the team than just 6 game Jimmy G.

Jimmy G might be elite, Cousins will never be elite.

And as much as I think Barkley will be an MVP candidate someday, so will Jimmy. I'll take an MVP candidate at QB over RB anytime.

I don't think there's any 2 players in the draft with Cousins that I would take over Jimmy right now. Not even Barkley and Nelson.

This. I saw Jimmy G elevate a team that was pure trash to a team that looked like a playoff team. I am not taking any QB over him right now, including Brady. Not that JG is better, but we can get 10 years out of him. Not so much with Brady.
Yeah. Let's trade the one guy who brought the team back to a competitive force and sink back into the abyss with the Browns
Originally posted by GNS1310:
If Cleveland wants to send us....

Myles Garrett
and some draft picks....
Round 1, picks 1 and 4.
Round 2 - 33, 35, and 63

They can have him.

Slight exaggeration...that would obviously never happen and I don't 'over-value' JG THAT much...

If they offered (again, wouldn't ever happen,) Myles, the #1 pick and a second rounder....hmmmmm
Cousins. Myles. Saquon....
Could we bundle our 9/10 and a our second rounder to move a little higher and grab Nelson?

No, just no. Let's not get cute, unless he demands a trade, we should do everything possible to keep Jimmy
While I think the idea is pie in the sky thinking, it isn't unwarranted. Shanahan likes Cousins, he also likes JG. If he traded two high first round picks he might be able to really kickstart the team's development.

Will it happen? I can't believe it's a possibility but...what do we know? LOL!

Edit: forgot to mention...I prefer JG to Cousins.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 2, 2018 at 12:05 PM ]
seriously, i cant see a reason he would want to leave.
-He has seen firsthand that he can win in this system even with a depleted roster ravaged by injuries, a lack of OWs, and hardly any time to learn the offense.
-Bay area is top 5 in destinations to live
-49ers have one of the best histories and culture
-Seems like he has bonded with the teammates already
-We can pay him whatever he wants
-FO seems to be pretty stable for the forseeable future with Lynch at the helm.
-We have the cap space and draft capital to drastically improve the team around him

Honestly, cant find one reason not to stay here
Only if Cleveland gives up:
1. Myles Garrett
2. Both 1sts this year
3. LeBron

I guess I'd be cool with that trade.
Is this thread still alive?
Share 49ersWebzone