LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 97 users in the forums

Pat Mahomes and the Kansas City Swifties Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
So are all the alex fans who became chiefs fans, will they become skins fans now ?

if jimmy leaves after playing one year under the tag for us. i wonder if fans will then become fans of the team he eventually lands at? we will have the original chosen one in cj so it will be all good for us

You must be a lot of fun at a party!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
So are all the alex fans who became chiefs fans, will they become skins fans now ?

if jimmy leaves after playing one year under the tag for us. i wonder if fans will then become fans of the team he eventually lands at? we will have the original chosen one in cj so it will be all good for us

Only if he's mediocre here.
LOL, this is nothing more than a second Alex Smith thread.

The obsession is strong.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
LOL, this is nothing more than a second Alex Smith thread.

The obsession is strong.

refer to my last post. thank you.
Will Mahomes be more in the mold of Steve Young or Colin Kaepernick? If Mahomes has learned the WCO while he was sitting on the pine, he could be interesting. If not, teams will be on to him fairly early.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Will Mahomes be more in the mold of Steve Young or Colin Kaepernick? If Mahomes has learned the WCO while he was sitting on the pine, he could be interesting. If not, teams will be on to him fairly early.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000901269/Patrick-Mahomes-highlights-Week-17

Dude can throw.. He's gonna be a good one IMO .
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Feb 3, 2018 at 1:35 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000901269/Patrick-Mahomes-highlights-Week-17

So could Jeff George.

Time will tell.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 3, 2018 at 1:37 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

So could Jeff George.

Time will tell.

Did you watch the highlights? Lol. 22/35 in his first start. Not bad, but some of the throws he made were legit.
It's so eerie about this trade and when we traded Alex.

I believe we saved 8 Mill by letting Alex go, to keep our defense in tact.

Which is exactly what the Chiefs are doing as well? Same #?

And the Chiefs were confident in making the trade because they had a hungrey strong armed QB, who could also move with his legs.

Pat Mahomes' favorite QB growing up was Brett Farve.... Who is also Kaepernick's favorite.

Pat says he likes to take chances... wants to do everything out there to help his team win... at all costs. Well Kaepernick used to say the same things....

Then Harbs reeled Kap in and made him a safe QB.... Big plays here and there..but limit taking chances until we needed them. (Stressful experience for us fans imo)

So.... now with Pat, he has a coach who worked with Farve. So will Andy Reid let Pat go all out to see his potential? I think so, more so than Harbs did with Kap. Harbs, in his defense, had a formula. A team formula. It worked for a bit. So it is what it is.

I'm just curious how Andy Reid will go with Pat.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Yes.

Well in 4 days this thread only has 5 pages. The old KC thread used to get that kind of movement in 1 day

Anyone 👀 Tyreek Hill gush all over Patty cakes throwing the deep ball, He sounded relieved Alex Smith left.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Afrikan:

And the Chiefs were confident in making the trade because they had a hungrey strong armed QB, who could also move with his legs.

Pat Mahomes' favorite QB growing up was Brett Farve.... Who is also Kaepernick's favorite.

Pat says he likes to take chances... wants to do everything out there to help his team win... at all costs. Well Kaepernick used to say the same things....

Then Harbs reeled Kap in and made him a safe QB.... Big plays here and there..but limit taking chances until we needed them. (Stressful experience for us fans imo)

So.... now with Pat, he has a coach who worked with Farve. So will Andy Reid let Pat go all out to see his potential? I think so, more so than Harbs did with Kap. Harbs, in his defense, had a formula. A team formula. It worked for a bit. So it is what it is.

Harbaugh's failure to develop Kaepernick is one huge deal that many 49er fans overlook. Harbaugh gets a pass for his 1960's offense, his poor game/clock management and juvenile sideline behavior just because he was such a much better coach than Nolan/Singletary, but in truth he was only good by comparison. He had numerous failures and Kaepernick is the one with the longest lasting impact on the 49ers. Not Kaepernick per se but Harbaugh's failure to do anything with him that CK could not do when he came out of college.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
^^ who is #HarboneHead

Harbaugh's failure to develop Kaepernick is one huge deal that many 49er fans overlook. Harbaugh gets a pass for his 1960's offense, his poor game/clock management and juvenile sideline behavior just because he was such a much better coach than Nolan/Singletary, but in truth he was only good by comparison. He had numerous failures and Kaepernick is the one with the longest lasting impact on the 49ers. Not Kaepernick per se but Harbaugh's failure to do anything with him that CK could not do when he came out of college.

He got the best out of his Qb's including Alex Smith when no one wanted Alex Smith. That's a huge gamble, then actually doing it during a lockout...

He got the best out of Keapernick as well.. Too bad the GM couldn't keep up and replace Alex Smith and do his job..

Must be nice not doing you're job for 6-7 years and still getting a paycheck...

He must have felt secured and comfortable while he drove this franchise to the ground....

Never forget....
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 3, 2018 at 9:02 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

He got the best out of his Qb's including Alex Smith when no one wanted Alex Smith. That's a huge gamble, then actually doing it during a lockout...

He got the best out of Keapernick as well.. Too bad the GM couldn't keep up and replace Alex Smith and do his job..

Must be nice not doing you're job for 6-7 years and still getting a paycheck...

He must have felt secured and comfortable while he drove this franchise to the ground....

Never forget....

Stop it. Harbaugh was a complete fraud.
Share 49ersWebzone