LISTEN: When Will Brock Purdy Get The National Love? →

There are 175 users in the forums

Pat Mahomes and the Kansas City Swifties Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Q: Whats worse than being wrong?
A: Doubling and tripling down on your wrong comment.

Kelce did not sign an extension. Period, end of conversation.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Q: Whats worse than being wrong?
A: Doubling and tripling down on your wrong comment.

Kelce did not sign an extension. Period, end of conversation.

I definitely don't expect SD to understand how a restructure works. It's not very complicated, but there's numbers involved and certain verbiage, not all are blessed with basic intelligence.

He also can't seem to comprehend that you can pay players top money. Math can be hard

I hate the Chiefs and Mahomes and Kelece like no other team/players ever.
Originally posted by WINiner:

I don't hate them. I want to be as good as them. I get where you're coming from. The NFL used to feel like that about the Niners in the 80s.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Reminds me of Steve youngs team in the early 90's against Troy Aikman. They stood in our way of a Superbowl championship. Now its repeating with KC and Mahomes.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Reminds me of Steve youngs team in the early 90's against Troy Aikman. They stood in our way of a Superbowl championship. Now its repeating with KC and Mahomes.

The difference is those Cowboys team in 92-93 and 93-94 were just better than the 49ers. Both SB losses to the Chiefs were games we unfortunately handed to them (especially 2019).
they brought it up today, we aren't beating KC cuz of the curse of Montana

then they asked well what about the BAL SB loss, I'm guessing that was the curse of either Grbac or Antonio Langham
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:

The difference is those Cowboys team in 92-93 and 93-94 were just better than the 49ers. Both SB losses to the Chiefs were games we unfortunately handed to them (especially 2019).
It's hard to do a three-peat. I'm hoping Jim's team road grades KC twice this year, and bruises them up and softens them up prior to us having a Rematch against them in the Superbowl.
It's hard to do a three-peat. I'm hoping Jim's team road grades KC twice this year, and bruises them up and softens them up prior to us having a Rematch against them in the Superbowl.

no rematch, curse of Montana is upon us

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

then they asked well what about the BAL SB loss, I'm guessing that was the curse of either Grbac or Antonio Langham

Bills trading their pick GIVING the chiefs one of the fastest WR in the draft doesn't help..

At all.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'd call it the curse of Jerome Boger and the curse of Bill Vinovich more than anything else. Also what's weird is that Jerome Boger wasn't supposed to ref that game. And the AFC is 3-0 when Bill Vinovich as the ref. f**k both of them, pieces of s**t!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'd call it the curse of Jerome Boger and the curse of Bill Vinovich more than anything else. Also what's weird is that Jerome Boger wasn't supposed to ref that game. And the AFC is 3-0 when Bill Vinovich as the ref. f**k both of them, pieces of s**t!!!

it's curse of Montana, he needs to get his butt out to Santa Clara and I dunno maybe burn a KC Montana 19 jersey in front of the team, until that happens, we aren't beating these guys in the big game
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Good point. Well it took Steve Young (I think) three times before he broke though and got that monkey off his back. It took freak Injuries to Feliciano and Greenlaw - to destroy our 2023 Superbowl hopes. How *lucky* can KC get - to have that happen again.

Good point. Well it took Steve Young (I think) three times before he broke though and got that monkey off his back. It took freak Injuries to Feliciano and Greenlaw - to destroy our 2023 Superbowl hopes. How *lucky* can KC get - to have that happen again.

The talent level is so close with the top teams in the NFL that each game is often decided by breaks, injuries and penalty calls. The talent is close with most of the teams . That's why most games are decided by 7 points or less. It' not like college where the top teams usually have 2 or 3 games on their schedule that are total mismatches. Andy Reid was ripped in Philly for not being able to win the big one. Now he's considered among the best coaches. The same could happen with Kyle but a lot of the best players are at their peak or on the downside. They need to strike gold in the next couple years
Share 49ersWebzone