LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Predicting QB success by personality types

Shop 49ers game tickets
Good read:

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/peyton-manning-ryan-leaf-june-jones-the-qb-book-excerpt-feldman-102814

Jones could rattle off the names of all the great quarterbacks who were ESTPs (FEIRs): Joe Montana, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Jim Kelly, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Fran Tarkenton and Brett Favre. An eye-catching majority of the Hall of Fame quarterbacks who played in the past 30 years are this one personality type. So were other Super Bowl–winning quarterbacks Ken Stabler, Phil Simms, Joe Theismann and Trent Dilfer. Jones used the famous NFL Films anecdote of Montana — the moment before beginning a last-minute, game-winning, touchdown drive in the Super Bowl, walking into the huddle and matter-of-factly pointing out John Candy in the crowd to one of his linemen as an example of a guy wired to thrive under pressure.
"ESTPs, under pressure, play their best," said Jones.
I find it hard to believe that Montana, Favre, Namath and Bradshaw, to name but 4, areof the same personality type. Seems more likely that there is hindsight and backwards reasoning going on.
Thanks for clarifying AmpLee on the distinction between personality type and brain usage.

Makes sense.
I find it hard to believe that Terry Bradshaw is a "T", he is a dead ringer for an ESFP, same with Favre

I could see Jimmy G as being ESTP
[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Jan 16, 2018 at 1:01 PM ]
I'm sorry, I thought this was an English speaking thread.....carry on.
And what about Aaron Rodgers? introverted for sure, probably an INTP
Share 49ersWebzone