There are 212 users in the forums

Le'Veon Bell RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
He's going to sign a nice great contract, that won't make up for the money he lost out on, and then proceed to get injured and his career will circle the drain

He wants a guaranteed money deal like Cousins and as a RB he will never see it.

And rightfully so.

Why? What is the problem with signing an elite running back to a 3 year guaranteed contract? Its not like its 8 years or something. Most LTCs have the first 2-3 years guaranteed anyway so I really dont see the issue.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
He's going to sign a nice great contract, that won't make up for the money he lost out on, and then proceed to get injured and his career will circle the drain

And rightfully so.

Why? What is the problem with signing an elite running back to a 3 year guaranteed contract? Its not like its 8 years or something. Most LTCs have the first 2-3 years guaranteed anyway so I really dont see the issue.
Couple of issues. The first are his personal issues with drugs and suspensions. The second has to do with him being 27 at the start of next season and the position he plays. Also taking a year off who knows how that effects his training and ability to stay healthy.

He'll get a nice signing bonus but a guaranteed contract is going to be reserved for positions like QB.
[ Edited by jcs on Nov 14, 2018 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

And rightfully so.

Couple of issues. The first are his personal issues with drugs and suspensions. The second has to do with him being 27 at the start of next season and the position he plays. Also taking a year off who knows how that effects his training and ability to stay healthy.

He'll get a nice signing bonus but a guaranteed contract is going to be reserved for positions like QB.

OK, I dont disagree with any of the specific things you laid out as to why Bell himself wont get the contract.

However, that is not what I was responding to. The post was that you dont sign ANY RB to a guaranteed deal, to which I disagreed (I bolded it....maybe should have before hand). I dont see ANY issue signing an elite RB to a 3 year guaranteed deal. Especially considering a typical RB deal would be guaranteeing half or a little more than half of a contract.

So a 5 year contract typically guarantees 3. So what is the difference between a 5 year contract with 3 years guaranteed and a 3 year fully guaranteed contract?
Lol the ultimate f**k you to bell
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/steelers-players-raided-le%E2%80%99veon-bell%E2%80%99s-locker-after-he-missed-the-deadline-to-report/ar-BBPIhjd?li=BBnba9I
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol the ultimate f**k you to bell
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/steelers-players-raided-le%E2%80%99veon-bell%E2%80%99s-locker-after-he-missed-the-deadline-to-report/ar-BBPIhjd?li=BBnba9I

I hope this wouldn't happen in a 49ers locker room. Plenty of ways of expressing your unhappiness to a fellow player that don't involve stealing him stuff. This is petty. Bell deserves some respect for what he has done for the team.

I think we can say, he won't be back. If he returns to Pittsburgh in another team's kit, that game is going to be worth watching!
[ Edited by English on Nov 14, 2018 at 11:36 PM ]
I have a feeling the Jets are going to give him $20 million next year. That's pretty f**ked up with the team is doing
Originally posted by elguapo:
I have a feeling the Jets are going to give him $20 million next year. That's pretty f**ked up with the team is doing

I know he is a great player but $20 million would be
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

That's still isn't going to be enough - Bell wants QB money.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 15, 2018 at 12:30 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

He doesn't, he wants WR money as he sees himself as that valuable due to what he brings to the passing game. A similar thing happened with Jimmy Graham a few years back.

Look at what guys like Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson made in the off-season, surely Bell is worth loads more than that?
Imagine being in a position to turn down $70 million. I am beginning to wonder if we will see him again.

Originally posted by English:
Imagine being in a position to turn down $70 million. I am beginning to wonder if we will see him again.

there are alot of stupid teams out there. i.e. the Jets and Raiders.

I know right, but desperation will kick in for teams like the Jets and they will pay up
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by mayo49:

He doesn't, he wants WR money as he sees himself as that valuable due to what he brings to the passing game. A similar thing happened with Jimmy Graham a few years back.

Look at what guys like Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson made in the off-season, surely Bell is worth loads more than that?

This .

Bell runs a whole different route tree that opens up the passing game.

It's not a coincidence that ABs numbers are down .

I know right, but desperation will kick in for teams like the Jets and they will pay up

I saw where it was only about 17 million guaranteed. he was looking for about 35 mil guaranteed
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Great post.
Share 49ersWebzone