LISTEN: 49ers Master The Later Rounds Of The Draft →

There are 122 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kyzen
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
okay, and Jimmy has done that for us all season. and bailed out the defense numerous times for that matter.

Lol, Bro, seriously, the rule is puff, puff, pass.....not puff, puff, puff, puff, puff.....

my screen is messed up or I need to puff until my eyes get right because I think he said "Jimmy bailed the Defense out"......
  • Kyzen
Can the mods please ban the next person who posts with a video, picture of gif from that game that happened a few weeks ago?

Please, I'm just getting back to being able to walk around town without hearing about it from every dipchit that just loved watching us lose.

Bring on the draft please and let's just not talk about Jimmmy until August.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by random49er:
It's okay that we run alot more...if we do. The problem is needing a QB that can get you out of jams should things be accounted for and theyre rushing the passer.

okay, and Jimmy has done that for us all season. and bailed out the defense numerous times for that matter.

False

What about the Saints game!

Great game,..great job by Jimmy.

Does it erase his glaring deficiencies listed, that were seen all season, though? Not stretching the field deep and toward the boundaries,...avoiding sacks telegraphed passes, & batted balls (whether pre or post snap) less effectively.... having a lack of mobility when needed.

Analytical,...not judgmental. I mean if our goal is just to make the playoffs then hey,...dont work on anything to add. I think we are set!!

But for a Lombardi,...well...these are the plays an analyst is going to see as a constant pattern all year and determine the need that we have to have marked improvement with. Defensive adjustments that put the pressure on the QB to perform given the bad traits they have shown.

I dont think anyone is saying or suggesting he cant have more great regular season games. I think what people are purposely doing is ignoring the reality that you can only mask deficiencies so much in a passing league. They were masked for both conference games,...not so for the title game.

The rules are so different now that diminishes the chances you'll have another Trent Dilfer success story anytime soon.
[ Edited by random49er on Feb 21, 2020 at 7:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Goatie:
The collapse started at about 7.10 when Mahomes threw a 60 yard pass to a wide open Hill. Our secondaries let us down big time.

20 seconds before that the commentators where getting stuck into Mahomes about the bad game he had that night.

I wonder if Chief's fans would be screaming that Mahomes get traded to the Pats for Brady if he didn't land that throw and they lost the game?

The defense let KS score 21 points in 6 minutes in the final quarter and people blame Jimmy when the O Line was letting him be smashed by rushers just as he was about throw and 95 got his hand to 3 off Jimmy's passes. Seriously some people just speak out of their behinds because they just cant hear what they are saying out loud.

dont think it was 3 batted passes, believe it was 2.

but regardless, both of which were during key critical moments. which is what sucked. 3 lineman in front of the guy and they couldnt stop him from batting down a pass

There were two that were very obvious. There was another where 95 got a finger to it and a slight deflection making it miss the receiver.

yea that was earlier in the game though. 4th quarter only i refer to

I am talking about the 4th quarter

k well im talking about batted DOWN passes. there were only 2.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by genus49:
Be prepared for

"You can't compare numbers because the NFL is so different from 4-5 years ago"

It's pretty simple to me. It takes more than one year to develop any quarterback in any system outside of high school. It's the NFL...its going to take time. There isn't a single free agent quarterback who would do any better, especially given the complexity of the offense.

Come on guys, it's not rocket science. It's not the offense Jimmy or other QBs don't understand. It's the ability to know what the defense will be doing is what gets Jimmy and most other QBs in trouble.

Once Jimmy applies the same plays numerous times against different defenses more often, then he will be better at getting the ball to the right places.

Are you new to the WCO?

Tom Brady would have to learn an entirely new system and language if he came here and all of the intricacies that come with it.

What I'm saying is that it's not rocket science. NFL offenses are more about the player and their desire to study or their ability to retain information. What makes an offense unstoppable is when the QB has applied every play against all types of defenses numerous times to the point where the QB knows exactly what the defense is going to do. That's what Brady had in NE. His offense wasn't very complicated, it's just that he knew exactly where to go against any type of defense and he was able to decipher defenses.

Right now, Kyle is telling Jimmy what to look for. Once Jimmy is able to decipher defenses for every play in the playbook, he will be unstoppable. Until then, he will keep making what appears to be some dumb throws.

Yep that is fair. It is only his first year. Second year the offence will be more ingrained and like muscle memory. That can only come with time. If the lunatics got to run the asylum (Grant Cohn for example) and Brady came to the 49ers it would take him a year or so to get on top of this offense and by that time he would be in an old folks home using a walking frame.
The collapse started at about 7.10 when Mahomes threw a 60 yard pass to a wide open Hill. Our secondaries let us down big time.

20 seconds before that the commentators where getting stuck into Mahomes about the bad game he had that night.

I wonder if Chief's fans would be screaming that Mahomes get traded to the Pats for Brady if he didn't land that throw and they lost the game?

The defense let KS score 21 points in 6 minutes in the final quarter and people blame Jimmy when the O Line was letting him be smashed by rushers just as he was about throw and 95 got his hand to 3 off Jimmy's passes. Seriously some people just speak out of their behinds because they just cant hear what they are saying out loud.

but regardless, both of which were during key critical moments. which is what sucked. 3 lineman in front of the guy and they couldnt stop him from batting down a pass

There were two that were very obvious. There was another where 95 got a finger to it and a slight deflection making it miss the receiver.

The play where it looked like a near pick to Bourne I think was tipped by Jones. He had 3 tipped passes in the 4th quarter and was KC's MVP imo.

The fact that we allowed one guy to beat us like that is infuriating.

finger tipped one i thought was earlier.

2nd 10 with 1:44 left, play before the Sanders throw. Jones gets a piece of the ball. I think if he doesn't touch that pass it gets in to Bourne for a tough catch.

eh i consider batted balls to be different. of which there were only 2 of. at least with a tipped pass brushed off a finger tip the ball still has a chance to be caught.

Sure but it still impacts the trajectory and velocity of the throw. Given the small window of that play the throw was affected. Can't say for sure if it's completed if Jones doesn't touch it but it looked like the pass slowed down and the DB was able to jump at it. We've seen Jimmy fit those in before. Would've liked to see if it had the juice.

i get it. however a batted down ball straight into the ground immediately kills the play. still different to me.obviously any interference on the ball is huge, though.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

I am talking about the 4th quarter

k well im talking about batted DOWN passes. there were only 2.

K well I am talking about balls that hit his fingers and there was three. Two were batted down. One was slightly deflected.

Originally posted by the Goatiest of Goaties: "95 got his hand to 3 of Jimmy's passes"
[ Edited by Goatie on Feb 21, 2020 at 7:36 AM ]
It's okay that we run alot more...if we do. The problem is needing a QB that can get you out of jams should things be accounted for and theyre rushing the passer.

False

k YOU didn't watch the regular season then and clearly have an agenda lol
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Feb 21, 2020 at 7:43 AM ]

False

Was it the second Rams game where we converted twice on 3rd and 15+? Not sure about bailing out the defense, other than the Saints game. They were so good it was rarely needed. He would have bailed out the defense had we won the Super Bowl but people forget that the Chiefs played lights out defense in the second half. The quarterback most people want is a generational player and it takes time for those guys to develop. I'm not saying Garoppolo is the next Brady/Montana/GOAT, but for anyone to say his story has been written after a single season as a starter needs to pump the brakes.

Saints, Rams, Cardinals twice, Steelers(turned the ball over 5 times still won). 5 times Jimmy won the game for us on his shoulders. whether it be for passing heavily, or throwing a game-winning TD.

our defense got picked apart by the Saints. Jimmy threw TD's galore and a critical 4th down completion to Kittle to set up a game-winning FG
our defense got walked over and had a hard time slowing down Murray twice. Jimmy carried the 1st game, then threw a game winner to Jeff Wilson out of the backfield to seal it the 2nd game.
Jimmy threw a game-winner TD lead to Pettis in the 4th with like under 2 mins vs. the Steelers.
Jimmy converted what, two 3rd & 16's in a row vs. the Rams the 2nd time we faced them

take away those 5 games we'd be 8-8. games decisively coming down to Jimmy and his arm and needing to carry without the running game or the defense.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Feb 21, 2020 at 7:44 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

False

k then you didn't watch the regular season then lol

I wonder if only 10 % of the posters in this thread actually watch the games when they are sober?

False

I wonder if only 10 % of the posters in this thread actually watch the games when they are sober?

their posts are nothing but reactionary. emotion, and nothing else. if it weren't for FIVE, yes, FIVE games this season we would be 8-8. 5 specific games Jimmy put the team on his shoulders and threw big numbers to win, OR threw a game-clinching TD to win. how the f**k do people forget these moments? they were stressful and exciting games to watch lol

they were literally the ONLY games during the season in which the defense did NOT dominate, and we kind of had to abandon the run because of it
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Feb 21, 2020 at 7:46 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Wait so now people are saying his arm wasn't strong enough to throw that ball away? Do people just fail to go back and watch the plays because we lost the game?

He got blasted halfway through his throwing motion which CLEARLY impacted the throw. How are people still not understanding that? We're really going to put it out there that he doesn't have an arm strong enough to throw the ball away?

I don't care if you're Mahomes/Josh Allen/Rodgers...if you're getting hit in the chest mid windup the throw will not go where you intend.

LoL....which is why I listed 3 things,...it's akin to sealing cracks to keep vermin out.

You jump from excuse to excuse trying your best to avoid the obvious: QBs use TOOLS to avoid tipped passes and lame duck throws to the other team. Tools like having the whits to get rid of it faster and in an acceptable way,...having the mobility to buy time,...and having a stronger arm to get it further.

1,...2,...3. Those are the 3 I keep posting and you keep avoiding over and over right?? I really dont care who is to blame. That blame game stuff why YOU are here. Other people -- believe it or not -- are not here to be pseudo-defense lawayers,...and actually are here to discuss improving the team.

The fact of the matter is throwing up your arms and saying "it's not Jimmy's fault he got hit and threw an INT in a critical time"....isin't going to win us a championship,...especially if we have to go up against Mahomes again.

You really expect the running game to stay this dominant? He's going to HAVE TO get better if we're to win a championship.

1. Jimmy gets it out faster then most QBs in the league. But you cant get it out if no one is open to you (they might be open to you at home on tv but not from where the QB is standing)

2. Mobility - earlier in the year he was not mobile as he knee was still not right. He was pretty mobile against the Saints and Green Bay in the regular season for example. But did you see that hit on the knee he got in the play off game against GB? Do you think that would have an effect on his mobility? Did you see the pictures off him without his football gear on and the swollen knee?

3. His arm is fine for a 50 yard throw. What the hell are you talking about? If Kyle doesn't call a long pass play that doesn't mean Jimmy has a bad arm. It means Kyle is calling plays that require shorter throws with the rare long one. Maybe the statistics say that the more long throws you make the less you are going to land on target. Did you ever think Kyle was playing the statistics. Jimmy G plays the most play action in the league, why because it works at a high completion rate. Long passes don't and they come with more risk of an incomplete play or a pick.

Fans need to stop whinging about Jimmy and they have to get better so the Web Zone can be more fun next time we get to the Super Bowl in February 2021.

False

lulz these sad cats
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Be prepared for

"You can't compare numbers because the NFL is so different from 4-5 years ago"

It's pretty simple to me. It takes more than one year to develop any quarterback in any system outside of high school. It's the NFL...its going to take time. There isn't a single free agent quarterback who would do any better, especially given the complexity of the offense.

People have no clue how many intricacies and nuances that are in THIS offense. No HC puts more on himself and by default, his QB than Kyle to control the game.

Gospel
Wait so now people are saying his arm wasn't strong enough to throw that ball away? Do people just fail to go back and watch the plays because we lost the game?

He got blasted halfway through his throwing motion which CLEARLY impacted the throw. How are people still not understanding that? We're really going to put it out there that he doesn't have an arm strong enough to throw the ball away?

I don't care if you're Mahomes/Josh Allen/Rodgers...if you're getting hit in the chest mid windup the throw will not go where you intend.

LoL....which is why I listed 3 things,...it's akin to sealing cracks to keep vermin out.

You jump from excuse to excuse trying your best to avoid the obvious: QBs use TOOLS to avoid tipped passes and lame duck throws to the other team. Tools like having the whits to get rid of it faster and in an acceptable way,...having the mobility to buy time,...and having a stronger arm to get it further.

1,...2,...3. Those are the 3 I keep posting and you keep avoiding over and over right?? I really dont care who is to blame. That blame game stuff why YOU are here. Other people -- believe it or not -- are not here to be pseudo-defense lawayers,...and actually are here to discuss improving the team.

The fact of the matter is throwing up your arms and saying "it's not Jimmy's fault he got hit and threw an INT in a critical time"....isin't going to win us a championship,...especially if we have to go up against Mahomes again.

You really expect the running game to stay this dominant? He's going to HAVE TO get better if we're to win a championship.

1. Jimmy gets it out faster then most QBs in the league. But you cant get it out if no one is open to you (they might be open to you at home on tv but not from where the QB is standing)

2. Mobility - earlier in the year he was not mobile as he knee was still not right. He was pretty mobile against the Saints and Green Bay in the regular season for example. But did you see that hit on the knee he got in the play off game against GB? Do you think that would have an effect on his mobility? Did you see the pictures off him without his football gear on and the swollen knee?

3. His arm is fine for a 50 yard throw. What the hell are you talking about? If Kyle doesn't call a long pass play that doesn't mean Jimmy has a bad arm. It means Kyle is calling plays that require shorter throws with the rare long one. Maybe the statistics say that the more long throws you make the less you are going to land on target. Did you ever think Kyle was playing the statistics. Jimmy G plays the most play action in the league, why because it works at a high completion rate. Long passes don't and they come with more risk of an incomplete play or a pick.

Fans need to stop whinging about Jimmy and they have to get better so the Web Zone can be more fun next time we get to the Super Bowl in February 2021.

it's not even the risk factor as to why we do more play action. it's because nobody in the league has the running scheme Shanahan has that ties in all that creative play action with it. it's why the offense is so predominant in play action
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Feb 21, 2020 at 7:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone