There are 186 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by random49er:
It's okay that we run alot more...if we do. The problem is needing a QB that can get you out of jams should things be accounted for and theyre rushing the passer.

Other then the super bowl Jimmy has done a good job of doing that when needed, ppl forget it was his 1st full season as a starting QB, and coming off an ACL injury, he will get better, I'm sure of it, it's crazy to me how ppl don't seem to realize these things !
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Other then the super bowl Jimmy has done a good job of doing that when needed, ppl forget it was his 1st full season as a starting QB, and coming off an ACL injury, he will get better, I'm sure of it, it's crazy to me how ppl don't seem to realize these things !

I think people get lost ion the "he backed up Brady, he's not a rookie!" thing.

That's right...he's not a rookie. If a guy had played as a rookie and had 26 starts and had Jimmys record, they would be a hell of alot more impressed. Jimmy did sit for his early career....in a completely different offense.

As I've said before, I dunno what happens moving forward. I make no predictions, but giving up on Jimmy would be preposterous.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
We should make a run at Tom Brady for next season and trade jimmy back to the Patriots

thats enough internet for you today

lol

LOL. Sus alias BuzZ alias SkyZer0 alias TexasGuero49 alias...kid's working O.T. today.

It's okay that we run alot more...if we do. The problem is needing a QB that can get you out of jams should things be accounted for and theyre rushing the passer.

Not to mention he still doesn't have a great wr to throw to. Deebo will be very good and Sanders is a good #2. A lot of other top 10 qbs have great #1 wr targets.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Not to mention he still doesn't have a great wr to throw to. Deebo will be very good and Sanders is a good #2. A lot of other top 10 qbs have great #1 wr targets.

What I'm looking forward to is Jalen Hurd. Imagine those end arounds to Deebo with another WR running the other direction taking the handoff inside kinda like the Deebo TD vs Carolina....

....only now the WR/RB is 6'3", 230.

I think that was Kyles plan all along.

Are we talking 4th quarters he's pulled out...or the way he is able to play?

All things considered... he had an extremely successful season... no denying that.

But there are gaping holes in his game that shows up and cant be ignored.

Example....go back a 1000 pages or so and we are criticizing why he never throws the ball away.

Then the Superbowl comes and you know what? He finally DOES throw the ball away.... only problem being it was to the other team for an INT because apparently his arm wasnt strong enough. I guess that kinda adds to the criticism that he doesnt test the hashes 25 yards plus very much unless its a designed play with a wide open pass catcher.

Sooo...u cut off being able to fling it out of there quickly and safely...then what do u have to help you? Either A) You're mobile or B)Your smarts need to advance bigtime!

You have to understand that there is just plain bad luck in games sometimes...and then there are also clear, worrisome trends that might point to a guy almost 30 yrs old not being able to improve upon.

I say we stop arguing about his great season and focus on how our QB position can improve for 2020. Which one of the 3 things do you expect? More arm strength... more/better control of the passing game strategically.....or more mobility??

Cause he's going to need something.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by elguapo:

What I'm looking forward to is Jalen Hurd. Imagine those end arounds to Deebo with another WR running the other direction taking the handoff inside kinda like the Deebo TD vs Carolina....

....only now the WR/RB is 6'3", 230.

I think that was Kyles plan all along.

Me too! He can also run in goal line plays and end arounds. He can be used like deebo in the running game and like a strong slot or outside wr/te in the passing game. In the redzone we will get better. Especially if Trent Taylor is healthy on 3rd downs.

Some People don't realize this but Trent Taylor would of made a huge difference in the sb on 3rd downs and quick passes which is what we needed.

Are we talking 4th quarters he's pulled out...or the way he is able to play?

All things considered... he had an extremely successful season... no denying that.

But there are gaping holes in his game that shows up and cant be ignored.

Example....go back a 1000 pages or so and we are criticizing why he never throws the ball away.

Then the Superbowl comes and you know what? He finally DOES throw the ball away.... only problem being it was to the other team for an INT because apparently his arm wasnt strong enough. I guess that kinda adds to the criticism that he doesnt test the hashes 25 yards plus very much unless its a designed play with a wide open pass catcher.

Sooo...u cut off being able to fling it out of there quickly and safely...then what do u have to help you? Either A) You're mobile or B)Your smarts need to advance bigtime!

You have to understand that there is just plain bad luck in games sometimes...and then there are also clear, worrisome trends that might point to a guy almost 30 yrs old not being able to improve upon.

I say we stop arguing about his great season and focus on how our QB position can improve for 2020. Which one of the 3 things do you expect? More arm strength... more/better control of the passing game strategically.....or more mobility??

Cause he's going to need something.

Understand all you're saying but my point is it's hid 1st full season again, he has lots of room to grow and should, hopefully will, I absolutely think he's not a finished product, it was basically his rookie season while coming off an ACL, if next year at this time he is the same then I will start to question and worry, until then I don't understand the criticism he gets now, in no way did he by himself lose the super bowl.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
See even Kyle long knows jimmy not a real one. Get tom Brady
People forget. Everyone is impatient.He just freakin finished his first full season...

Would you trade Jimmy G and sign Brady IF it GUARANTEED one Super Bowl win?

(Obviously this is not a real question and I'm hoping Jimmy G has a nice future but it's tempting if I know I get number 6.)
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:

(Obviously this is not a real question and I'm hoping Jimmy G has a nice future but it's tempting if I know I get number 6.)

I wouldn't trade for one Super Bowl if I know there is the possibility of multiple Super Bowls especially with the squad we have. Jimmy put up better numbers than Brady did this year and there are still players like Hurd who haven't been fully integrated into the system for us to see if what we have in them. You never know Hurd could ball out like Deebo did this season and we now have our receivers set. Also Jimmy will get better look what Matt Ryan did in his second full season in Shannys system, he won MVP. This was Jimmy's first full season and he got us to a Super Bowl, so I only see him getting better having another year under his belt.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
See even Kyle long knows jimmy not a real one. Get tom Brady

Kyle Long is a moron, Jimmy G. was far from the reason the 9ers loss the Super Bowl. WTF was he watching.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Sure, who wouldn't do that. But let me see a guarantee first.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Sure, who wouldn't do that. But let me see a guarantee first.

"But there's no guarantee on the box" Tommy like wingy!
Share 49ersWebzone