LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 252 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Doesn't really pass the name test though.

Sounds like a drunkenmiller.

Jimmy G.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Cousins must be pissed lol

Ohhh yeah. He was using us as leverage so much
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Oct 30, 2017 at 5:40 PM ]
Dont be shocked if Hoyer now gets cut and returns to New England to back up Brady.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think we got fleeced big time. The Pats never would have traded this guy if they thought he could be Tom Brady's replacement.

But I'm willing to give Shanny the benefit of the doubt. The guy knows QB's as well as anyone. If he thinks Jimmy G. can be "the guy," so be it.

Care to explain?

Jimmy G wasnt going to re-sign and the Pats feel like they have a couple more years left of Brady as the starter. So how did get fleeced?

The rules are different now, but it would be like Bill Walsh trading away Steve Young. Which was something he was never going to do because he saw a great deal of potential, and the Niners could sign him to a big contract to ride the bench. Which he did for a long time.

I know, I know. With the cap now, things are different. But, I don't know, something just doesn't feel right.

However, as I said, I'm willing to give Shanny the benefit of the doubt. He's knows what a good QB is.

Well I cant help how you feel lol but alright then
Do we try trading Hoyer now?
Where is the guy yesterday that said this front office didn't have his respect because they had no conviction and didn't make a bold decision in the draft (said he really respected the Rams and Eagles for getting their guy)? Do they have your respect now?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dont be shocked if Hoyer now gets cut and returns to New England to back up Brady.

Why?

He could be a good tutor until Jimmy G gets up to speed.
Please be saints 2018 2nd round, Could be about 25 pick difference ! Closer to a 3rd than 1st round!
Originally posted by susweel:
can some people post articles now why Jimmy G is so good ?
He's unproven, right?

Why would he trade him for a 2nd round pick, after they used a 2nd round pick to get him. On top of that, there were multiple reports last year of teams trying to give up a 1st for him and Pats wanted more. I'm worried that we only got him for a 2nd now...
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Clears the way for Barkley

Yep which means we don't need to beat out the Browns.

I hope Barkley is not another Kijana

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/film-room-saquon-barkley-perfect-running-back

I doubt it but always be wary. I agree
Originally posted by cali2COniner:
Do we try trading Hoyer now?

For what? A box of fruit loops?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Small sample size, but he looked like a solid NFL starter last year.
im not a big fan, but this opens us up for some great moves in the offseason and draft

This will probably be the move that defines ShanaLynch. If Jimmy doesn't work out, they don't work out.
Hopefully they're working on bringing in some help on the line.

Martavis Bryant should be the next name we hear getting shipped out. Doubt he costs more than a 5th.
Share 49ersWebzone