LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 163 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Now draft the best OT and OG.
[ Edited by Koldo on Oct 30, 2017 at 5:38 PM ]
There is nothing not to like about this trade. There wasn't going to be a better quarterback in the draft, much less in the second round. He has experience and shown his talent is through the roof.
*every niner fan now going on youtube to find jimmy g highlights
Wow, I'm absolutely stunned right now. I guess this closes the book on Cousins.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Small sample size, but he looked like a solid NFL starter last year.
im not a big fan, but this opens us up for some great moves in the offseason and draft
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 30, 2017 at 5:39 PM ]
Yes ! Hope he starts Sunday
You guys need a life. The update popped on my phone. I come to the zone to create a thread and bust out the news and there's already one three pages in. Damn you armchair news reporters.
Originally posted by 4thandlong:
No need for a qb with pick 2. Lynch will trade back and get a bounty.

I think your on to something. Love it
Now sign 5 FA OL, and bring in Barkley in the draft and we have the makings of something on O.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think we got fleeced big time. The Pats never would have traded this guy if they thought he could be Tom Brady's replacement.

But I'm willing to give Shanny the benefit of the doubt. The guy knows QB's as well as anyone. If he thinks Jimmy G. can be "the guy," so be it.

Care to explain?

Jimmy G wasnt going to re-sign and the Pats feel like they have a couple more years left of Brady as the starter. So how did get fleeced?

The rules are different now, but it would be like Bill Walsh trading away Steve Young. Which was something he was never going to do because he saw a great deal of potential, and the Niners could sign him to a big contract to ride the bench. Which he did for a long time.

I know, I know. With the cap now, things are different. But, I don't know, something just doesn't feel right.

However, as I said, I'm willing to give Shanny the benefit of the doubt. He's knows what a good QB is.

Cousins must be pissed lol
Originally posted by Koldo:
Now draft the best OT and OG in the next draft.

This. I wouldn't start him this year. He is our future.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Clears the way for Barkley

Yep which means we don't need to beat out the Browns.

I hope Barkley is not another Kijana
Doesn't really pass the name test though.

Sounds like a drunkenmiller.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
You guys need a life. The update popped on my phone. I come to the zone to create a thread and bust out the news and there's already one three pages in. Damn you armchair news reporters.

Share 49ersWebzone