There are 650 users in the forums

CTE and the possible long term effect on football

Shop 49ers game tickets
Steve Wallace.

/end thread.
Originally posted by English:
Steve Wallace.

/end thread.

If linemen would start using his stupid looki.....I mean...his amazing looking helmet, maybe CTE would be down? Then again, it could just be a coincidence that he never got a concussion once he started using it.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by English:
Steve Wallace.

/end thread.

If linemen would start using his stupid looki.....I mean...his amazing looking helmet, maybe CTE would be down? Then again, it could just be a coincidence that he never got a concussion once he started using it.

Not a good idea. All the linemen would be chasing their caps all over the place.

How about all helmets have a half inch soft cover on them. I don't know why the helmets need to be solid. They can be solid underneath for the facemask but should have a soft outer layer.
  • dj43
Lot of interest in the Zero1 helmet. Best concussion protection in tests. According to this link, the entire Notre Dame squad will use them this year. Russell Wilson and Alex Smith wore it last season. I can't post a picture where I am now. Someone might post one. It is distinctive by the two front vents.

https://www.businessinsider.com/zero1-morphing-football-helmet-nfl-uses-super-bowl-ncaa-2018-2
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Lot of interest in the Zero1 helmet. Best concussion protection in tests. According to this link, the entire Notre Dame squad will use them this year. Russell Wilson and Alex Smith wore it last season. I can't post a picture where I am now. Someone might post one. It is distinctive by the two front vents.

https://www.businessinsider.com/zero1-morphing-football-helmet-nfl-uses-super-bowl-ncaa-2018-2

Originally posted by dj43:

it's crazy that a league with so much money, can't just make better helmets. i don't believe that it's impossible or that hard to figure out. if anything, it would cost the NFL and other pro leagues, and college, high schools, and the makers of the current football helmets a lot of money, if the current football helmets all have to get taken out of circulation.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Football is going back to being a poor mans sport, all they are doing is scaring the little spoiled rich kids into choosing tennis, golf, and lacrosse over the grid iron. So it won't affect much and the NFL knows it.

This is the reality. The parks are turning football fields into soccer fields. Parents will not allow their boys to play football. The game is on the decline and many fans are burying their heads in the sand thinking all is well.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24436462/richie-incognito-charged-making-threats

"According to a police report released Tuesday, Incognito entered Messinger Pinnacle Peak Mortuary and began acting erratically around four employees. Police were called when Incognito made his hand into the shape of a gun and told one of the employees he had a "truck full of guns" in the parking lot.
Police later found two Glock pistols, a handgun silencer and three rifles in Incognito's vehicle. He told police he had necessary permits for the weapons.
According to police, Incognito "appeared to lack concentration and was unable to maintain a coherent thought. Rather, he appeared to ramble about numerous things that did not correlate."
Police also noted Incognito's "moods were erratic as he would be very respectful toward [the] officer at one point, and [then] immediately raise his voice and demand to be let out of the handcuffs the next.""
This story just keeps getting better...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/police-report-richie-incognito-wanted-dead-fathers-head-cut-off-research-200050445.html
"Stevie Johnson of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle got a copy of the police report; in it is more information about what allegedly happened at Messinger Pinnacle Peak Mortuary.
Employees told Scottsdale police that Incognito wanted his father's head cut off for research purposes, and that he had walked through the funeral home punching caskets and throwing objects.
It's not clear what kind of research Incognito wanted done on his father's head; in his tweet announcing his father's death, Incognito said he had been an Army airborne ranger, so maybe he wanted to have his father's brain studied for effects of CTE or other traumatic brain injury. (Incognito also used the name Richard Dominick Dejasa as his father's name, but past stories refer to him as Richie Incognito Sr.)"
Wow, dude is usually a saint

This is cray
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

This is cray

this guy has serious mental issues. i doubt he would've even been drafted if he did and acted the way he is acting now.

• Stud
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

This is cray

this guy has serious mental issues. i doubt he would've even been drafted if he did and acted the way he is acting now.

Wow, you think?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Might be time to retire when you can't find your own bench....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24478611/kiko-alonso-miami-dolphins-hangs-baltimore-ravens

[ Edited by jcs on Aug 25, 2018 at 9:59 PM ]
Kiko Alonso has a long injury history - including multiple concussions - therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if his brain is more or less fried from CTE.
Originally posted by Stud:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

This is cray

Wow, you think?

wow, you're still on my dick everyday? seriously, this obsession you have with me is weird. the mods already put you on TO 4 times in the past 6 months. i would put you on ignore but then you send me PMs. just stop riding my dick man.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Aug 26, 2018 at 8:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone