Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 561 users in the forums

The official: What questions do you have about Football thread?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Why are seattle such douches?
Is 52 really the Mike?
Glad to see everyone is taking this so seriously. I doubt anyone would ever post in hear now.

I feel bad for the fans who actually come here looking for knowledge. They are just met with ridicule and negativity.

Its not cool to make a mockery of everything. Have some respect for others.
[ Edited by JBrack on May 13, 2017 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by JBrack:
Glad to see everyone is taking this so seriously. I doubt anyone would ever post in hear now.

I feel bad for the fans who actually come here looking for knowledge. They are just met with ridicule and negativity.

Its not cool to make a mockery of everything. Have some respect for others.

Who the hell are these people on the rules committee? Answer: I'm not sure but they're complete dumbasses. They just approved to reduce overtime from 15 to 10 minutes citing player safety and health. That's b******t, it's going to influence teams to press even harder trying to win the game and cause more injuries. Plus more games will end in a tie making the league suck even more. F**king moronic NFL committees.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Who the hell are these people on the rules committee? Answer: I'm not sure but they're complete dumbasses. They just approved to reduce overtime from 15 to 10 minutes citing player safety and health. That's b******t, it's going to influence teams to press even harder trying to win the game and cause more injuries. Plus more games will end in a tie making the league suck even more. F**king moronic NFL committees.

But yet they keep Thursday Night Football
If we'd drafted Dak Prescott instead of Robinson, would baalkes job been saved? Would we even break .500?
Originally posted by JBrack:
Glad to see everyone is taking this so seriously. I doubt anyone would ever post in hear now.

I feel bad for the fans who actually come here looking for knowledge. They are just met with ridicule and negativity.

Its not cool to make a mockery of everything. Have some respect for others.

Hered that.
[left]Will barkley get snaps with the ones?
[ Edited by davewaymer49 on May 17, 2017 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
What about the playoffs?

Are they who you thought you were?

Why do you play?

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by JBrack:
Glad to see everyone is taking this so seriously. I doubt anyone would ever post in hear now.

I feel bad for the fans who actually come here looking for knowledge. They are just met with ridicule and negativity.

Its not cool to make a mockery of everything. Have some respect for others.

*here
[ Edited by acrownlessking on May 17, 2017 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erphan:
In a 4-3 defense in a base configuration, how much responsibility does the DE on the strong side have to contain the edge on a run play?

Depends on the play call, but usually he's the "big end" with "outside containment" in run support primarily. Usually, he'll shade the outside shoulder the strong OT (5 tech.) or head-up over the TE (6 tech.) . He's likely taking on double teams as the run plays usually comes his way. So he has to be strong enough to handle that and still be able to contain the run and force the runner inside to the LB's.
Originally posted by Chico:
Two part question:
1) What is the difference between a 4-3 linebacker and a 3-4 linebacker?
2) Why do we draft 6'8" players on the D-line (AA) - seems too tall to get any leverage and rush the passer?

3-4
- Generally a bit smaller, more athletic overall,and tend to be better in coverage.
- Sam OLB - covers TE's and RB's
- Mike - first read is run, middle cross coverage
- "Jack" ILB - zone coverage, usually smaller and faster
- Will OLB - usually primary pass rusher

4-3
- Usually bigger in size, all reading run first
- Sam OLB - read run first. C-gap & TE responsibility
- Mike ILB - read run first, A-gaps, RB's, middle zone coverage, seldom - if ever - leave the box
- Will OLB - read run first. C-gap. TE responsibility if in 2TE looks. Cover the flats

Those are the basic differences
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by JBrack:
Glad to see everyone is taking this so seriously. I doubt anyone would ever post in hear now.

I feel bad for the fans who actually come here looking for knowledge. They are just met with ridicule and negativity.

Its not cool to make a mockery of everything. Have some respect for others.

Hered that.
Hhhhuuuuuuuuuuuued that.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Glad to see everyone is taking this so seriously. I doubt anyone would ever post in hear now.

I feel bad for the fans who actually come here looking for knowledge. They are just met with ridicule and negativity.

Its not cool to make a mockery of everything. Have some respect for others.

I know This is a really good thread to educate fans. People shouldn't joke on it.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone