There are 274 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Playing like a 7th rounder.

Sadly this is true. Fortunately for him, so is every other player on defense. I'm blown away by the regression, lack of fundamentals and mental errors.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Hes a 7th round pick. He already overachieved enough, and now we know hes a below average player.

Should either upgrade this position in the draft or sign Earl thomas, IMO

Signing Earl would be huge for this defense. Wonder how much he wants per year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:

Sadly this is true. Fortunately for him, so is every other player on defense. I'm blown away by the regression, lack of fundamentals and mental errors.

Brick by brick

Brick by brick

We're certainly shooting 'em.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Hes a 7th round pick. He already overachieved enough, and now we know hes a below average player.

"Oh yeah, I'd love to extend Earl...Mitchell." ~ Robert Saleh
No to Earl Thomas. The same people knocking the front office now would be knocking them again if he isn't the same after his injury. One thing you have to consider when saying we should sign this guy or that guy is whether we CAN sign him. Not everyone wants to play in California with the high cost of living and high taxes. Most players don't really care about nice weather. They are more concerned about money and winning in that order. Sad but true.
We can sign him for reasonable $$$. Yea we need someonew with a brain back there.

He has been by far the most disappointing players of the year. They need to sit his ass down and put Reed back in there until he pulls his head out of his ass
  • thl408
There were already two 49er defenders bracketing Fitz and Colbert decides to leave his deep zone to triple team Fitz. 75 yard TD.
Originally posted by thl408:
There were already two 49er defenders bracketing Fitz and Colbert decides to leave his deep zone to triple team Fitz. 75 yard TD.

Looking for glory, got lit up instead.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 9, 2018 at 4:43 AM ]

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by thl408:

Looking for glory, got lit up instead.
Got caught peeking at the QB's eyes instead of playing his assignment...replay shows Rosen leading him to the right.
Originally posted by Brewcrew:

He has been by far the most disappointing players of the year. They need to sit his ass down and put Reed back in there until he pulls his head out of his ass

Maybe he needs to switch his number back to 38..
Originally posted by 951NINER:

Yay, more injured players
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
He took a strange angle on that TD pass to Kirk.
Why aren't Ward or Moore allowed to play free safety instead of this guy? Both have had much more successful careers playing safety than Colbert, Ward could be playing at a much higher level in his natural position instead of outside cornerback where he sucks. Is Colbert personal friends with Saleh or something?
Share 49ersWebzone