There are 206 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Knowing everything he's been through personally and professionally I'm honestly not worried about him. He belongs inside. He's now there and improving.

So basically yes you can argue he isn't all that for where he was drafted, it's water under the bridge for me.

a lot of other needs to take care of this offseason.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Knowing everything he's been through personally and professionally I'm honestly not worried about him. He belongs inside. He's now there and improving.

So basically yes you can argue he isn't all that for where he was drafted, it's water under the bridge for me.

Then there's Saleh's continual vision for him.

Is inside going to be his home now? Have you kind of settled on this is where he's going to live?

"He still gets outside. I think last week he had, I'm blurring to be honest with you, it was around 50 snaps. I want to say it was split inside and outside. So, it's still the same thing. Trying to utilize him to spell Buck every once in a while. Run downs, there's only one three-technique. That's Buckner. So, to try to utilize that, along with our pass downs to make sure we get two three-techniques out there. It's a balancing act. It's no different than what the plan has always been. It's just a matter of trying to find even more opportunities somehow, someway."
He's playing great. All that's left is to get the edge rusher. I wouldn't look at his stat line since he doesn't get the opportunities at 3 tech that Buckner does. If he enhances Buckner, edge guys that's good enough.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He's playing great. All that's left is to get the edge rusher. I wouldn't look at his stat line since he doesn't get the opportunities at 3 tech that Buckner does. If he enhances Buckner, edge guys that's good enough.

I had to intermminetly watch the game on my little iPhone. Anyone have a breakdown on him? Did he play the same 20-30 snaps inside? How was he vs. run inside vs. pass? I heard the OL was rolling two to him on occasion. Did he hold the POA/line? Others benefited? Any T-E stunts? When he was "outside" post snap, did he exclusively work inside or run after arc outside? Edge setting?
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 24, 2018 at 7:42 AM ]
Was in a pretty bad car wreck. Yesterday was the 1st game i could visually watch out of the last 3. He made some good run stops and stayed in his gap and didn't get faked out like earlier in the year. Still needs to show a lot more but he is showing something.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Agreed
Originally posted by lamontb:
Was in a pretty bad car wreck. Yesterday was the 1st game i could visually watch out of the last 3. He made some good run stops and stayed in his gap and didn't get faked out like earlier in the year. Still needs to show a lot more but he is showing something.

Damn dude hope you're okay
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Then there's Saleh's continual vision for him.

Is inside going to be his home now? Have you kind of settled on this is where he's going to live?

"He still gets outside. I think last week he had, I'm blurring to be honest with you, it was around 50 snaps. I want to say it was split inside and outside. So, it's still the same thing. Trying to utilize him to spell Buck every once in a while. Run downs, there's only one three-technique. That's Buckner. So, to try to utilize that, along with our pass downs to make sure we get two three-techniques out there. It's a balancing act. It's no different than what the plan has always been. It's just a matter of trying to find even more opportunities somehow, someway."

Sigh.

Hope you're ok man. Scary how quickly things can turn. My wife was hit last week where her can spun around and went into the other lane, thankfully nobody was coming that way or who knows what would've happened. Fuker took off too...thankfully left his license plate behind.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Originally posted by genus49:

Hope you're ok man. Scary how quickly things can turn. My wife was hit last week where her can spun around and went into the other lane, thankfully nobody was coming that way or who knows what would've happened. Fuker took off too...thankfully left his license plate behind.

My best to both of you!

Thanks fellas. f**ked up my eye pretty bad and had to have surgery to repair my tear ducts. And I already wear hard contacts to combat an eye disease i have. So I been a one eye man for the few weeks. I'm doing much better now and something simple as being able to watch the niners yesterday makes you feel normal again.

Yikes. Glad you are ok
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I know how much everyone loves PFF in here...

Want to see more as a pass rusher (as we all do) but he's been more productive playing inside without question...guys are producing around him more. Liked that marsh sack after he stunted with Thomas. That's old school Justin smith. Took on a bunch of double teams which allowed others to get pressure. Again we all want him to be the guy getting 10 sacks a yr. I get that.

End of the day he might be a 5 sack a yr guy who makes everyone better around him. Not ideal for top 3 pick, but can be a solid player for a long time.

Like Justin Smith said " stats are for losers"... has solly lived up to expectations as a #3 pick.. no. But he's only in year 2, he still has room to grow and we still have two years to see if he's worth keeping and building around. You can be a dominant player without putting up huge numbers.. just look at Justin Smith
Originally posted by Dmadaking:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I know how much everyone loves PFF in here...

Want to see more as a pass rusher (as we all do) but he's been more productive playing inside without question...guys are producing around him more. Liked that marsh sack after he stunted with Thomas. That's old school Justin smith. Took on a bunch of double teams which allowed others to get pressure. Again we all want him to be the guy getting 10 sacks a yr. I get that.

End of the day he might be a 5 sack a yr guy who makes everyone better around him. Not ideal for top 3 pick, but can be a solid player for a long time.

Like Justin Smith said " stats are for losers"... has solly lived up to expectations as a #3 pick.. no. But he's only in year 2, he still has room to grow and we still have two years to see if he's worth keeping and building around. You can be a dominant player without putting up huge numbers.. just look at Justin Smith

This. If guys are getting sacks because of the double-teams he's taking on, I can deal with that. We just need an average pass rusher on both sides to take this defense to another level. If we can someone above average, it's on.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by genus49:

My best to both of you!
Ditto
Share 49ersWebzone