There are 215 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Insane bro. You see these responses?! His sister taking her life was compared to Ward being out of shape and injury prone, well she was alive his rookie season and he didn't do "anything", and get over it Mary you need to perform or get help....

Lol holy s**t.....these responses are by someone who has yet to experience the tragic loss of a loved one and or simply lacks empathy.

I'm not saying he gets a free ride or it's an excuse to do a s**tty job, but luckily Kyle, John, and Jed aren't heartless pos either.

Something tells me Jed and Solomon are going to become even closer now as well.

That's why I wasn't gonna post that article...people lack compassion on social media.

Imo It's great to hear about these stories and it's awesome that a kid in Missouri can have an impact on Thomas. Hopefully Thomas is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel both on and off the field.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
That's why I wasn't gonna post that article...people lack compassion on social media.

Imo It's great to hear about these stories and it's awesome that a kid in Missouri can have an impact on Thomas. Hopefully Thomas is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel both on and off the field.

Screw it. There will always be people like SteveYoung out there.

This is real life.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Great story. Maybe this will give a little perspective to all the haters here who said tough s**t, he needs to perform etc and no excuses.
His sister was alive last season and he did didley squat. No one's saying the suicide should have no impact on him and he should just tough it out. More like his subpar play may be because he's a subpar player.

But I guess we'll learn a bit more these next two games now that he's getting more time at his "natural position".

Still find it stupid weve now gone through 2 seasons and our 3rd overall pick is putting up UDFA numbers.

21/22 year old rookie playing out of position after missing most of the camps due to the stupid rules regarding when you graduate from college.

He had 41 tackles, 10 tfl, 11 hits, 3 sacks and 18 hurries. Certainly not the numbers you want out of a top 3 pick but far from doing diddly squat.

And for comparison....Gerald McCoy a #3 overall pick himself when he was playing at his natural position from the get go as a rookie
Gerald Mccoy 27 tackles, 7 tfl, 12 qb hits, 3 sacks and 19 hurries.

McCoy if you forgot is a 6 time pro bowler and an All Pro...

He was playing much worse this year until the last few games when he was getting more snaps inside. Maybe it's a weird coincidence but for a kid with some good athletic ability, strength and crazy work ethic I find it very hard to believe that his decline in production was just because he's as "subpar player"
Touching others lives is what it is all about. In this case it is going both ways I think.

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Great story. Maybe this will give a little perspective to all the haters here who said tough s**t, he needs to perform etc and no excuses.

Too right, we're in our rights to expect performance, but you have to be a heartless POS not to acknowledge the impact this has had on him.

Insane bro. You see these responses?! His sister taking her life was compared to Ward being out of shape and injury prone, well she was alive his rookie season and he didn't do "anything", and get over it Mary you need to perform or get help....

Lol holy s**t.....these responses are by someone who has yet to experience the tragic loss of a loved one and or simply lacks empathy.

I'm not saying he gets a free ride or it's an excuse to do a s**tty job, but luckily Kyle, John, and Jed aren't heartless pos either.

Something tells me Jed and Solomon are going to become even closer now as well.

Crazy...i kept reading and they kept coming.

I get it...at the end of the day we're football fans and we want to have the best football team and want all of our players to be the best they can be. But at some point you have to remember these guys aren't robots. They are humans who have stuff happen to them just like us normal folks.

The amount of second guessing you must go through when someone you love kills themselves would be enough to humble anyone who isn't a heartless b*****d.
Jim Plunkett is the prime example of not jumping to conclusions about any player too quickly. He was considered maybe the biggest bust of all time his initial years with NE, and ended up having a career that was successful enough (when it really counted) to have his name bandied about every year when the HOF considerations come around.

And the posters that say Thgomas had a bad year before his sister passed are being very short sighted. Are you saying player cannot get better year after year? Damn neophytes need some historical perspective, rather than a knee jerk regurgitation of some click bait narrative.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryLestersBuns:
Touching others lives is what it is all about. In this case it is going both ways I think.

"if you want to be buddies" "write back buddy"
Meh
This dude is garbage

Serious question.

Is he playing at all? Seen him a few times at start of game and that's it.
The usual defenders arent even around this game
Originally posted by teylo31:
The usual defenders arent even around this game

What's the point? You were in here b***hing about how he sucks last game too I'm pretty sure and it was one of his best games.

He's playing fine today. 2 sacks related to him taking up blockers. Several tackles, pressure. Nothing to get super excited about but certainly no reason to run in here before the game is over talking chit.
He played better today than usual.
He was actually quite active today. Played inside more, drew quite a few double teams and freed up others to make plays.
Share 49ersWebzone